1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself? I go in huge waves. I don't buy myself anything for a long, long time. And then it hits me and then I splurge. But my splurges are usually the Wally mart kinds of splurges not the big department store kinds of splurges. And it depends where my budget is at. My last "big" splurge was a bag of fall items for my vase on my mantel and some ornamental gourds to throw around. Grand total of around 20 bucks. So there you go, I managed to type a whole bunch of words and not really answer the question at all.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.Uhm, last Tuesday when I poured fallish looking items from a bag into my jar on my mantle. And yesterday when I filled a crystal dish with ornamental gourds. Start to finish, 30 seconds tops. Photography and maybe cooking is where I tend to get my creative outlet, not the artsy craftsy stuff. They just stress me out. I think I was in the washroom when God held the "come and get your arts and crafts genes" meeting.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?
For us right now, it's just right. Yeah, I left my drool over several of the the showhomes I saw on the weekend and yes I sighed and imagined us all moved in there but the bubble bursts fasts when I think of mortgage I'd have to be paying. I'll stay put thanks.
4. What is your favorite outdoor chore? Watering the lawn. I love sitting and listening to the sprinkler, watching it, feeling the coolness from it. Very relaxing. I also don't mind shoveling snow as long as it's not 2 feet deep and wet and in September, which has happened around here.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not? Oy! How do you think of this stuff. I don't think I use it because I hate the smell and how it permeates everything. I also hate the yellow teeth, the yellow fingers, the drawn upper lip that people get after years of smoking. I don't know if it would be worth the trade off for me.
6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride? Some of both.
7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit? Over the top vanity stuff. That's all I'm gonna say.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it? Depends exactly how annoyed or bored I am with it. Usually I give a book a few chapters. Movies I'll give up on very fast if they are smutty or insultive or if every other word is a cuss word. Can't be bothered to watch if it's like that. I guess it would be the same answer for a book. I did force myself to watch duplicity, the ending was good but the road getting there, so, so.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates? I'm horrible at song related questions because I usually can't think of it when I need to. As in right now. And again, a bunch of words without really answering the question.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?I used to be alot more spontaneous but now I'd say about a 5 or 6.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob? I wouldn't say I'm a snob but I do like certain brand name items and buy only that brand for those things. Campbell's soups, Heinz ketchup, Lindsay olives, I have to have brand name cereals (the kids don't like the cheaper kind), two certain kinds of coffee beans from Costco that we mix together, Imperial margarine are a few I can think of off the top of my head.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life? What? Ya trying to get me in trouble, Ms. Lid? ;v) I'd have to say at this time in my life I'm trying to control my tongue.