Hello everyone! Welcome to Fave Fives where we take a look back at our week and find five favorite things. It's a way of looking for our blessings, those small, and sometimes big, things that have made us smile or uplifted us. If you're new, all the details are here and then you only have to do one thing and that is to just jump right on in and join us!
Ok, here are mine and they are all about rare treats for me this week.
1. A Week off. Better yet, weeks off with nowhere to be and no schedule to follow. I love vacations but I have to say I also love a week off at home. I have no kids here this week for dayhome. It being my maintenance week, where I maintain and clean all things dayhome, I am still "working" but I don't have to get up by a certain time, or follow an snack, lunch or quiet time schedules. The days are mine. It has been so nice.
2. A hubby who buys my favorite pizza so that I don't have to cook on one night of my week "off". I so appreciated this from him. Very thoughtful. Thank you, Sweetie.
3. Mega reading time. What a joy to just read for an hour or two without stopping if that is what I feel like doing. With no interruptions, except to maybe get up and refill my coffee. This does not happen often for me and I have been taking much advantage of it.
4. White chocolate syrup. In my coffee. Seeing it was my vacation at home, I treated myself to a cup of white chocolate mocha each morning. Yummy!
5. Lunch with a friend. My friend treated me to lunch this week and a huge blessing it was. Going for lunch is a very rare treat and the company was awesome. One of the best stress releases I know is to have a couple of hours laughing and sharing with a good friend over good food.
And, my heart be still, I'm breaking my own rule. (And if you know me, that just about kills me, the rule follower). I'm adding number 6. Movie night with a friend. So fun to go over later at night which would have been a work night and not worry about having to get up. Just enjoy the movie, the company and the treats.
What was your favorite things from your week? Let us know in apost and link up so we can come and visit. Don't forget next week is our 52nd week celebration. One whole year of enjoying our favorites.