Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #51


Hello everyone! Welcome to Fave Fives where we take a look back at our week and find five favorite things. It's a way of looking for our blessings, those small, and sometimes big, things that have made us smile or uplifted us. If you're new, all the details are here and then you only have to do one thing and that is to just jump right on in and join us!
Ok, here are mine and they are all about rare treats for me this week.
1. A Week off. Better yet, weeks off with nowhere to be and no schedule to follow. I love vacations but I have to say I also love a week off at home. I have no kids here this week for dayhome. It being my maintenance week, where I maintain and clean all things dayhome, I am still "working" but I don't have to get up by a certain time, or follow an snack, lunch or quiet time schedules. The days are mine. It has been so nice.
2. A hubby who buys my favorite pizza so that I don't have to cook on one night of my week "off". I so appreciated this from him. Very thoughtful. Thank you, Sweetie.
3. Mega reading time. What a joy to just read for an hour or two without stopping if that is what I feel like doing. With no interruptions, except to maybe get up and refill my coffee. This does not happen often for me and I have been taking much advantage of it.
4. White chocolate syrup. In my coffee. Seeing it was my vacation at home, I treated myself to a cup of white chocolate mocha each morning. Yummy!
5. Lunch with a friend. My friend treated me to lunch this week and a huge blessing it was. Going for lunch is a very rare treat and the company was awesome. One of the best stress releases I know is to have a couple of hours laughing and sharing with a good friend over good food.
And, my heart be still, I'm breaking my own rule. (And if you know me, that just about kills me, the rule follower). I'm adding number 6. Movie night with a friend. So fun to go over later at night which would have been a work night and not worry about having to get up. Just enjoy the movie, the company and the treats.
What was your favorite things from your week? Let us know in apost and link up so we can come and visit. Don't forget next week is our 52nd week celebration. One whole year of enjoying our favorites.

20 comments:

Willow said...

Susanne, Having a week 'off' is wonderful! I hope you are truly destressed and rested from your maintenance week. Mornings starting out with a mocha-what a treat!

Anonymous said...

So great to have a week off. Recharges the batteries :) I so love Pizza. Glad you had a great lunch with you friend. Excellent FFF. Have a great Friday :) Aloha

Barbara H. said...

Sounds like a week of sweet refreshment! I agree time out with a friend is one of the greatest stress releases, as well as a week at home without the usual routine.

Angie said...

MMMM... a week off. That sounds so wonderful and I could definitely use one right now! Glad your week was full of fave's! Have a happy Friday!

Melli said...

You know, lunch with a friend is ALWAYS tops on my favorites -- but for a dayhome mom - I can't even imagine how happy it made you! I did in home daycare for several years when my own kids were small - and just being tied to the house drove me crazy! I really have a great deal of respect for you! And appreciation too! I'm glad you got to really ENJOY your week off!

Unknown said...

I love the idea of Maintenance Week! We don't need daycare anymore but I keep in touch with our previous provider...I am going to mention that to her... and PIZZA be still my heart...I love pizza!

Jientje said...

White chocolate mocha? THAT sounds delicious!!! What a great week you had, isn't it wonderful to recharge the batteries like this, not have to cook enjoy a night out and lunch with a friend! Wow! I had a great week too! I'll tell you all about it!

Lisa notes... said...

That sounds like a heavenly week to me, too. Glad you were able to enjoy it and savor it. God is good.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how rejuvenating your week off was for you! You got things done, got to relax, got to rest. And yay for #3!

Faith said...

oops...i entered the linky thing twice...the correct one is probably the second one..sorry Susanne!

you sound like you had a great week!
Could you keep me in prayer? I am facing a difficult weekend..will explain in an email...thanks!

TXDidi said...

Lunches with friends AND reading. You truly been blessed this week, Susanne. So glad that you got a bit of a break to relax.

Donnetta said...

It sounds like you had an absolutely delightful week! Were you able to get everything done that you had hoped to?

So glad to see how much time you took to refresh and rejuvenate YOU!

Jerralea said...

It's wonderful to have a week to yourself! I'm scheduled to have one week off the middle of September. I have so many things I want to do, I doubt I'll get them all in!

Good for you, I'm glad you are having lunch out with a friend. I do love going out to lunch with friends. My friends all work in another city so it doesn't happen much anymore. I guess that makes when it does happen even more special!

Islandsparrow said...

A week off to relax a bit - uninterrupted reading - lunch with a friend - movie night - sounds like a lovely time!

White chocolate syrup - this is a new one - I'll have to look for it because it sure sounds good.

Happy weekend Suzanne!

Karen said...

This sounds like a perfect week! Pizza (and not cooking dinner), girlfriend time, reading, alone time in your house, movies. Those are all my favorite things.

Kari said...

Oh I love your five for this week. It's always good to take time out for yourself. I love the mega reading time!! I need that right now.

Brook said...

Yeah for vacation time at home, goodies and great friends!

Brenda said...

Sounds like a great week, I have never tried white chocolate syrup in my coffee, but it sounds good! What is your favorite pizza?

Karyn said...

I'm so glad you have had such a restful 'maintainence' week! Sounds wonderful...especially the reading part!

I agree that having some good laughs with a friend over good food is one of the best stress relievers ever! Hmmm...reminds me - I'm due for one of those!

Hope your next week of work proves to be easier and more enjoyable because of this last week 'off'.

Bless you!

ellen b said...

Hi Susanne! Lana G. had to log me in this morning because my computer is giving me fits and it wouldn't let me type anything at all. I couldn't leave any comments anywhere or access my email, etc.
So frustrating. Dear got it to work just now and I'm not confident that it will keep working for me. I enjoyed your 5/6 and am glad you've had a good week. It's nice to get a thoughtful treat from our hubbies!!
Blessings...