Welcome, welcome. It's Friday's Fave Five. I've been looking forward to this all week. It's become a great part of my weekends, sitting with a cup of tea or coffee and reading everyone's favorite things from their week. If you're new here, details are here. If you've done a Fave Five post don't forget to sign on to Mr. Linky!
1. Today is SPRING! If you missed the memo, today is Spring. I can't remember the last time I've ever looked so forward to spring. I love winter too, but this year it just seemed to really be long and hard and cold. I'm so looking forward to daily swinging open the windows, to the sun warming the skin on my arms because I don't have to wear a coat, the longer days. And yes, I'm even looking forward to spring cleaning, although around here it is a more drawn out affair as chasing after 6 dayhome kids sorta takes priority in the days. :v)
2. Movie night with my sister. Man, we haven't done that for so long. It was so fun to have her over and break out the junk food, the pop, and watch The Guardian together. Mind you, it tooks us a bit longer to get through the movie due to all the pausing and rewinding 'cause we'd get chatting. LOL. Such is the way of sisters.
3. This blessing absolutely was my favorite thing. Hubby and I are still excited about how it came about. I can hardly wait.
4. The bedroom reno is done! We moved the last of the furniture back in today. I'm so proud of my hubby for the good job he did refinishing the hardwood of two bedrooms. He's never done it before and it turned out beautiful. As soon as the last of the dust is dusted and everything is where I want it, I post some pics.
5. With spring comes the Spring Reading Thing. I look forward to Katrina's reading challenge each year. I love to go through my books and to be read lists and decide which ones I want to read. And I love to go look at everyone else's lists and invariably my own list might change and I can count on my to be read list to grow by leaps and bounds. But mostly I just love to read. And provided the spring weather co-operates, I'll be able to do it on my deck soaking up the sun! Go on to the next post and have a peek at my list.
What were your favorite things from your week?