My Fave Five things from this last week:
1. Mexican Lasagna I know. Sounds like an oxymoron or something, doesn't it? And I'm cheating a bit because I actually made it the week before. But oh my word, is this good! And easy. And it scored as a new fave with the family. So it's making my favorite list. And 'cause I'm feeling extra generous today I'll not only give you a picture to drool over but the recipe too! You're Welcome! :v)
-1 kg (2 lbs.) lean ground beef
-9 - 12 lasagna noodles, cooked (amount depends on the specific size of your pan)
-1 pkg taco seasoning mix
-1 cup medium salsa
-2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
-1/2 cup sliced black olives (optional)
-1/4 cup sliced pickled jalepeno peppers (optional)
-guacamole (optional but oh so good with it)
2. This sweet award from FlipFlop Mom.
And another from Barbara at Stray Thoughts.
Thank you so much ladies. I'm honored by your sweetness!
3. Favorite thing I learned this week? You know the lowly loofah sponge? The one that is in most of our shower stalls? I always thought they were from the sea. Where I got that idea I haven't a clue. I probably just assumed. Well, guess what? They are not from the sea. And as this post shows, you can actually make one yourself. Who knew that's where they came from? How cool is that? And may I say that loofahs are one of my favorite things to use in the shower?
4. Pumpkin Bread candle. Mmm, mmm, mmm. So yummy and spicey. Screams fall to me. Have I ever mentioned that I love fall.
5. Sour Cream: I have had a life long love affair with sour cream. Being born into a Hungarian family fostered it well. I'm telling you, I can eat it straight from the tub. But I do restrain myself. I mean, I need to cut fat and calories somewhere. LOL. I mean the places I can use sour cream just boggles my mind. In loaves, cookies and cakes. What's mexican food without that dollop on top! And Hungarian goulash, it's a must to have a spoon in there, even vegetable soups. And dips? Well, you just can't make them without the humble sour cream. I have the most awesome recipe for sour cream pumpkin pie, and you can bet I will be trying this for Thanksgiving and this sounds interesting! And I can thank my bridesmaids, oh so many years ago, for introducing me to Bavarian strawberries. Luscious strawberries dipped in sour cream and brown sugar. (I know, I know. I only let myself indulge in those once a year.) And just this last week, the aforementioned mexican lasagna was the recipient of a dollop as was my harvest soup last night.
Ah, the lowly sour cream. You will always be on my favorite list!
So what has tickled your fancy this last week? Don't forget to sign the Mr. Linky so that we can come and read!