Well, yesterday the news came down. Finally. After months of the old rumor mill churning and chugging, it was confirmed and the employees informed. My husband's workplace is shutting it's doors this summer. Sigh. While the news is hard to take, it also sort of brings a type of relief with it. It's hard living and planning your life when rumors are swirling and uncertainity rules the day. It puts your life in a sort of limbo when it comes to making decisions. Such as vacation decisions. Do we listen to the rumors and put our lives on hold. Indefinitely. Do we just forget vacation plans and then if nothing happens we've given up a chance at an opportunity for a really nice family vacation? Our first really big one. Or do we plunge ahead with it, and put down all that money only to find out there is no job to pay for it? What does this do to moving Kay to another province for school? And what about the yearly things we do over the summer to upkeep the house? And purchases for the dayhome? I hate living in limbo.
But in spite of it all, there is much to be thankful for. And while my heart is uncertain and fear wants to rise and take over, I find that it is just such times that a Thankful list is imperitive in my life. Sort of like when the Isrealites built altars of remembrance along their journey to remind themselves of specific events where God lead them through. It puts my eyes on the goodness of God in our lives and helps me to remember all the other times I've thought the world was caving in, but God upheld me through it. When I thought there was no way out, but He was right there to walk me through it. That in times past, He has been my strength, my sheild, my high tower, my provider. That He is faithful. Sometimes I couldn't always see it when I was in the midst, but in hindsight, I could see His presence and His hand. So in that view:
1. I'm thankful for Pam for starting this thankful list and causing me to, most weeks, stop and be intentionally grateful for all the good things God has blessed me with.
2. I'm thankful that God has been there in the hard times and I can look back and think on and meditate on how he has got me through before.
3. I'm thankful, in this instance anyway ;v), that my husband and I are different personalities and from that comes balance. If both of us went off the deep end at the same time, that would not be good. When my faith drops, his seems stronger, and when he struggles, I can be strong. There is comfort and encouragement in that.
4. I'm thankful that I have a full dayhome, and I have such great, faithful families. I have truly been blessed in all the years I've done this, that I have had such wonderful families to get to know.
5. I'm thankful for massage therapists. Yes, I truly am. Cause I'm feeling a need for a massage coming on especially after this Saturday's highway clean up with the youth group. Can anyone say muscles that haven't been used since last year's clean up crying out in pain?
6. I am thankful that for the most part, my hand is pretty much back to normal. The strength is coming back in the wrist and the pinkie and I'm slowly working my way back to everything I was doing before. I'm so thankful that fall didn't turn out worse than it did. It certainly could have.
7. I'm thankful for Laura, who is like my little cheerleader in my mind, chanting "Purge, sort, organize". She, with her friendship, and her site are truly a motivation.
8. I'm thankful for spring like days. I love snow and winter but the days of snow this month was really enough for the likes of me. Oh, I know, living where I do that there will probably be a couple more dumps of snow before the end of May, but they'll just be here and gone in a day and won't be the kind that hangs around for weeks.
9. I am thankful that the family is healthy.
10. I am thankful that He asks me to "cast all my care upon Him for He cares for me". I Peter 5:7
I feel better already. What are you thankful for? As you look back over your life, where do you see that God was present and upholding you?
Thanks Pam for hosting Thursday Thanks Tank. Mine is filled up again right now.