Wednesday, September 05, 2007

WFMW - The Brand Loyal Edition


Boy, I haven't done Works for Me Wednesday in forever, because I just ran out of ideas of things that work for me. But trust that creative lady Shannon to come up with a special edition that I can jump on the bandwagon with. Brand Loyal Edition. List your Must-use brands she asks. Okay Shannon, here goes:

Fleecy Fabric Softner Liquid Fresh Air Scent: I have tried a gazillion of them but always come back to this one. And everytime I do the family comments on the great smell.

Lysol Bathroom Cleaner Disinfectant Spray Can: The thing I love about this is it's a spray can not a pump spray. And it removes soap scum without a bunch of scrubbing and makes everything shiny.

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes: I love wipes and will spend the extra money for them,especially with a dayhome. It makes disinfecting ultra easy and I'm not left with a germ filled, smelly dish rag. Lysol is the brand that works best for me. It even leaves my stove and chrome taps shiny.

Mr. Clean: Again, I've tried all sort of other stuff but this smells the best, cleans the best and you don't need to rinse.

Puffs tissues: It doesn't hurt my nose. Even the non-lotion ones are soft. Enough said.

Q-Tips: The one with the most cotton. Generic just doesn't measure up.

Heinz Ketchup: My family won't let me buy anything else. Trust me I've tried. So instead I just bought stock in the Heinz company. No, not really. But I probably really should with the amount we go through.

Bulls-eye BBQ sauce: The best and it comes in 9 different flavors.

Cheez Whiz: I've tried them all and again, my family won't let me get any other kind anymore.

Campbell's tomato & mushroom soups: They just taste the best.

Wow, it's starting to look like I'm a real brand snob. I do use generic and store brands for other things but these particular items I definitely won't switch or try something new again. So there ya go. My brand loyalty. What's yours? For more, go see Shannon at Rocks in My Dryer for Works for Me Wednesday.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

We swear by Heinz ketchup too!

Laura said...

I'm a huge Lysol fan too. Makes me feel calm knowing I've sprayed door knobs and stuff for ten seconds with it - DIE germs! Die!

Marcia Francois said...

I've realised that I'm a brand snob with any cleaning/ disinfecting products - the rest I'm quite easy :)

Organising queen and
Marcia's take charge blog

Laura said...

Isn't it hilarious how we get attached to certain products. I'm definitely like that with Tide and Cascade.

Enjoy your day!

Beck said...

Lysol Disinfecting Wipes are my new favorite thing, ever.

Deidre said...

Thanks for the tip on the bathroom cleaner. I have a terrible time getting my shower door clean.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great list of products! I'm with you on several, most notably the ketcup. We've tried store brands and Hunts, and I just refuse to buy them anymore. We only use Heinz. I even buy the biggest ones I can get at the warehouse club. My husband eats ketchup with EVERYTHING and we go through a lot :)

Have a great day!

Sandra said...

I might as well have written this blog myself, all my favorites are in there LOL

Anonymous said...

Yep I'm with you on the Heinz, Q-tips and Campbells for sure! Blessings...

FlipFlop Mom said...

My family only wants Heinz too!!! LOL LOL... and Campbells!!! unless those are homemade!!

Missy K said...

Fun post! Maybe you and my husband can go in together on a stock purchase-- he loves Lysol wipes too!

Now I have become a brand snob about my Mrs. Meyers cleaning products-- a little ouchie on the wallet, but makes me happy even when I am scrubbing!

Barb said...

I'm definitely a brand snob but like you, there are only a few things I refuse to change. Most of the time generics are OK, but don't mess with my tried and proven favorites! Like Pledge and Windex and Comet and Simple Green and of course, Febreze. LOL

Doris said...

Well. Hmmm. I LOVE (love, love!) Downy, but Fleecy is not sold here. I really would give it a try. But at least I have my beloved Downy. :)

gail@more than a song said...

You should be getting some free products from those places for advertising so well for them! They owe you!

Unknown said...

Campbell's soups are the best! I also love those wipes too!

Unknown said...

Just last week my daughter tried to get to buy cool purple cotton swabs (non-Qtips). I have made that mistake once before and will never make it again!

Lisa Spence said...

My husband and boys will only eat Heinz ketchup. ONLY.