Thursday, September 06, 2007

Slow Cook Thursday ~ Sunday Morning Casserole

Sunday Morning Casserole

-1 bag (32 oz.) frozen hash brown potatoes
-1 lb. of bacon diced, cooked and drained or 1 lb. cooked ham, cubed
-1 medium diced onion
-1 green bell pepper diced
-1 1/2 C. shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
-1 dozen eggs
-1 C. milk
-1 t. salt
-1 tsp. pepper or taste

Place a layer of frozen potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker, followed by a layer of bacon then onions, green pepper and cheese.

Repeat the layering process two or three more times, ending with a layer of cheese.

Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together. Pour over the Crockpot mixture, cover and turn on low. Cook for 10-12 hours.

12 comments:

Linda said...

Oh it was good to get caught up here again. I'll have to make this one. I could do this!

Barb @ A Chelsea Morning said...

This sounds good, Susanne. I bought all the stuff I need for your Asian ground beef recipe. I'm just waiting for the weekend when someone will actually be here in the evening to share it with me. LOL

Melanie said...

Great idea. I have some casserole recipes with similar ingredients, but the crockpot would be so much easier!

Kelli said...

I do this exact thing, too! But in a glass pan at 350 for 45 min or so. Cool! Now I can do it overnight :)

Love ya

gail@more than a song said...

Well YUM! It's got to be good with all that bacon, cheese and eggs! I've never thought about doing one of these in crockpot, good idea...but I bet it serves a lot with this much in it.

ellen b said...

What a great idea for when you have overnight guests, too.

Peach said...

This sounds delicious. Definitely something I need to try on a Saturday night, so it will be ready Sunday morning before church. Yummy!

annie said...

This sounds so good Susanne!

Molly Coddled said...

I've never thought of making eggs in a crock pot. You did say crock pot didn't you? I keep checking to make sure I read it right. 10 -12 hours, yep I think I'm right. Sounds good.

Michelle said...

thanks for sharing this recipe!!!I can't wait to make it on a weekend.have a great weekend.

Chris @ Come to the Table said...

This looks delicious. I may have to try this one.

Jen said...

hey thanks for this
I know Muzz would LOVE this :)
although I LOVE my crockpot never thought about doing this
how wonderful put it on at night and eat the next morning
I know whats for breakfast next Sunday :)