Saturday, July 28, 2007

Word for the Weekend ~ Psalm 27:4-6

Photo Credit: Cristiano Galbiati, Italy

"One thing I has asked from the Lord, that I shall seek:

That I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.

To behold the beauty of the Lord and to meditate in His temple.

For in the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle;

In the secret place of His tent He will hide me;

He will lift me up on a rock.

And now my head will be lifted up above my enemies around me,

And I will offer in His tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;

I will sing, yes, I will sing praises to the Lord."

Psalm 27 : 4 - 6


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Verse 4 is one of my favorites. I remember the first time I heard someone quote it and how it spoke to my heart. Sometimes I stray from that "one thing," and I need to keep focused.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

One thing ... that always grabs my attention and speaks to me no matter how mant times I see/hear the wors.

Linda said...

I read these verses yesterday. They are such a comfort. Thanks Susanne.

Cyndi said...

I was finally getting to check out some blogs this morning, and I came here because I knew you would have this! (And, well, because I always come here when I have blog time ;)

"In the day of trouble He will conceal me in His tabernacle..." What a precious promise. Yes, I will sing praises to the Lord. Amen!