Yesterday my baby girl, all of 11 years old, "graduated" from elementary school. It was bittersweet for me as she's my youngest and like a teacher at the school said, "It is the end of an era" for me. All three of my kids went thru this same elementary school. I'm excited for the new phase for both my girl and me. I'm no longer an elementary mom. I'm now strictly junior high and high school. Where did the time go? It seems just like yesterday....
1. That I was learning how to swaddle the blankets just right around you kids.
2. That I was changing those teeny tiny newborn diapers.
3. That we were singing "Yes Jesus Loves Me" before I tucked you in.
4. That I was breathing in the smell of you right after your bath.
5. That I could hold and rock you whenever I pleased.
6. That I could kiss the boo boo and make it all better.
7. That I'd put my arms out and you jumped from the edge of the pool completely trusting that I'd catch you.
8. That I left the school crying on your first day of kindergarten.
9. That I watched you guys in your first school & church plays and felt so proud my buttons were bursting.
10. That I'd listen to you yell "higher" as I pushed you on the swings and I was thinking "slower".
11. That I watched you score your first basket when you were on the school team.
12. That I sat in parent/teacher interviews and listened as all three of you did me proud as teachers would describe how polite you all were.
13. That I watched with joy as all three of you were baptized together and declared in front of family & friends that your lives belonged to Jesus.
Yesterdays: wonderful memories to hold and cherish. Tomorrows: exciting new paths to walk on & share together with love and laughter.