Happy Easter weekend everyone. I don't know how many of you will be coming to do Friday's Fave Five but regardless of if you actually do a post I hope you take a pause at some point this weekend and reflect on the death and Resurrection of Jesus and all of the blessing that means for you.
This last week has just zoomed by. It was very busy with the added busyness in dayhome that any holiday brings so it's a good thing I have this post to take that moment and be thankful for the good things in my life.
1. Movie night with the ladies study. The week before we had finished up a study on the book of Ephesians and won't be starting another one up until after Easter so we took this week and went to go see "A Case for Christ" based on the true story and book by Lee Strobel which tells how he, a staunch atheist and journalist who dealt in facts, tried to prove to his newly believing wife that there was no evidence for the death and resurrection of Jesus. It was really well done and we all enjoyed it and each of us took away something and related to different aspects of the film which made for really interesting discussion. It was a great movie to see right at this Easter time.
2. Surprise lunch from my hubby. Just after I fed the kids lunch one day this week I received a text from my hubby telling me he was bringing lunch. It was a really nice surprise on a busy day when I don't always get a sit down meal.
3. Rain. The past few days have seen scattered showers here and there. I love the smell after rain and I know this moisture is going to make for a lovely green spring so I'll take it even though the last couple of days have been a bit grey.
4. New fast food. For our Friday night out, we tried a new fast food place in town called Chopped Leaf. Not the usual fast food fare, they specialize in gourmet salads, wraps, sandwiches and soups. Everything was very fresh and tasty and I especially enjoyed their orange and mint infused water. I always enjoy giving a new place a try.
5. Cleaning spree. I know, an odd thing for a fave five list but it just felt so good. It didn't take forever, just set an hour and worked like crazy in that hour. That little bit of intense time just made everything look and feel so sparkly clean and fresh. I love doing it in concentrated short bursts like that rather than hours long cleaning routines that take up half of my precious 2 days off.
What were your 5 favorites blessings this week?
May you all have a wonderful Easter weekend filled with good family, friends, food and love. I'm looking forward to my kids all being here together and cooking for everyone. I'm sure I'll be dog tired after it all but I also have Monday off to recuperate so looking forward to that too. :)