Welcome to the first spring FFF of 2017. So glad to see that day show up on the calendar. And true to it's name, we have had some lovely sunshine in our days this week, albiet with the crazy wind that brings the warmth in Southern Alberta. Join us as we find the blessings from the last week in our lives whether the weather was good or bad.
1. Birthday dinner for a sweet friend. My friend's birthday was this week and we had a lovely dinner together on Saturday night. Her hubby cooked up a wonderful lasagna dinner with of course, birthday cake for dessert. Tuxedo cake was the birthday girl's choice. Then we played a card game called "Budget". It was a wonderful night of great food and lots of laughs celebrating a good lady.
2. Bouquet of favorite flowers from my honey. My sweet hubby came home with these for me with the sweet note "Happy Valentines in March". He decided that after I had bought some fake tulips for a vase, that I really needed to have at least one bouquet this spring of the real thing. Love that man!
3. Small but talkative. Tuesday night's study group didn't see the whole group out but those who came really participated and some really good discussion ensued. I love when that happens. I learn so much from the ladies in my group even though I am the leader of the study. They come with such good questions and insights and aren't afraid to participate.
4. Phone call with my son. I sure do miss this young man and was so thrilled that he called. Sometimes it's hard to know when to give him a call. He's so busy with homework and practicums that require long shifts. Hate to wake him when he's getting off one of those. But the great news, he gets to come home for a few days this weekend. Can hardly wait. We'll get all caught up then.
5. New runners. This is a bit past it's due but I have been really enjoying the new workout shoes hubby got me for my birthday a few months back. Funny how one doesn't realize your old shoes are just not supporting like they should until you put on a pair of quality new ones. With the couple of injuries I've had in the past few years it's important that I have shoes that support and help my feet not to be sore and I'm thankful for the gift of new ones. And they're nice to look at. Who doesn't love a cute shoe in one of their favorite colors?!
What have your favorite blessings been this week?