Hello everyone! How has your week been? Was it great with so many good things you can't even count? Or was a bit tougher and you really have to use discipline to look for the blessings? Or was it so mundane and everyday that the blessings are hiding in the routine? No matter which way your week went join us in creating a thankful lifestyle by looking for good things, blessings, in our lives.
1. Open windows. It has been awhile this winter since I've been able to open some windows due to the cold. But this week I have had them open everyday. There is something about fresh air moving through the house that's worth the house cooling off a bit. Felt so good and smelled so nice.
2. Making progress on the grocery shopping routine . I made a decision at the beginning of 2017 that my goal was going to be to get into a grocery shopping routine. It was becoming to regular of an occurence to keep putting it off and putting it off until we were running out of all sorts of things and I'd find myself on late Sunday afternoon, tired and facing the coming workday with my grocery shopping yet to do. So I've been working on building a routine that works and that I can live with and sustain. My budget comes on the 1st and 15th so I'v4e been working on going to Costco one Saturday and then the regular grocery store the next Saturday. Even when I don't feel like it I've been making myself get it done before the Saturday late afternoon. What a difference! No more marathon trips that leave me totally exhausted. Hopefully I will have the same success in February with it that I did in January!
3. The purge continues. Seems every January finds me antsy to get rid of stuff. I've already sent one box to the thrift store and a second is waiting for me to take over this weekend. I've put a few stuff for sale on the buy and sells and I've sold most of those. It feels really good. I had to get real with some of the stuff but once I made that tough decision it was great to get rid of it and let it go to someone who will put it use and like it. And it put a few dollars in my pocket to boot.
4. Movie evening with hubby. Sunday evening spur of the moment we watched the movie "Risen". It's one we've seen a couple of times before but we really like it. It was nice to just sit with him on a Sunday evening and have nothing else to do.
5. Warm and Cozy Teas from DavidsTea. One of my dayhome families gifted me the variety pack of Warm and Cozy Teas and I've been enjoying the different flavors. I love enjoying a warm cup of tea in the cold evenings, so relaxing. And with flavors like chocolate covered almond and coffee cake to name a couple, I can trick myself into thinking I've had a bit of a sweet dessert. I ate way too many things that involved sugar over the holidays so this is a nice change of pace and still makes me think I've had a treat.
What were your favorite blessings from the week?