1. Dinner cooked for us on a busy Saturday. Usually dinner on Saturday is non-existent in the traditional sense at our house. We tend to just "pick" all day or grab a bite out if we've got lots of errands. But last Saturday, while out Christmas shopping, my daughter called to say she was cooking supper. She made an absolutely delicious pot of Potato Soup that was most welcome on a very cold day. Along with a batch of hot Red Lobster Cheddar Bay biscuits it was the perfect supper. Much appreciated after a busy day.
2. Study group Christmas party. I rarely hold bible study at my house but I do like to host the Christmas party. No studying tonight, just good food and lots of fun. We have a fun gift exchange and play a couple of games which usually results in much laughter and chaos. I always look forward to it.
3. Christmas crafting with the kids. The 4 and 5 year olds just love to craft especially at Christmas time so we've been doing lots of fun crafts this past week. It's especially rewarding and worth all the clean up I have to do afterwards to hear one of them say how much they like Susanne's crafts. They are so proud of their little creations.
4. Accomplishing a fitness challenge. I'm really starting to like small fitness challenges that push me beyond where I thought I could go. Nothing to big but something to push for. The Curves gym I go to had a 12 days of planking challenge running this month and I was really thrilled to accomplish the challenge. When I think of how far I've come it's actually really fun and motivating. When I think of what a couch potato I basically used to be, it feels really good to now feel stronger.
5. Homemade chocolates. The lady I go to for a massage always makes homemade chocolates and gives them out at Christmas time. Last night was the night I was gifted with mine. Always a nice little treat. Yummy.
Well I can't believe it's only a week to Christmas. I still am not quite finished yet and I haven't even started baking. I'm thinking I'm going really simple this year. Maybe just some shortbread and the toffee I make. It's going to be a busy but fun weekend. Hope yours is great.
Now what were you're favorite blessings from the week?