Sorry this is up late. Was too busy over the last few days and I totally forgot. I admit it. But no matter when whether late or not, I hate to miss the opportunity to be thankful for good things in my life. Please join in if you can!
1. Funny moment with massage therapist not discussing muscles or massage but teaching each other things the other didn't know about our galaxy phones. Who knew swipe texting was a thing?!
2. Binge watching "When Calls the Heart". We got Netflix free for trial this month and I found this charming tv series and I must confess I've been binge watching it all week to catch up. It's based on a novel written by an Albertan who has written tons of historical Christian fiction and I remember reading this novel so it's been fun watching the show.
3. Getting sweet treats and gifts from the dayhome families. So appreciate that they think of me at Christmas! And it's fun to watch the kid's excitement as they hand me the presents that they bring. That is the best part. They are so cute.
4. Getting an extra holiday off inadvertently. I didn't ask for today off but everyone said they weren't going to be here today so an extra day for me to get things done. Yay! Cause I really, really need it.
5. West Jet does it again. West Jet is a Calgary based airline and for the past I don't know how many years, they have been doing a special thing at Christmas time. The first one is here, the likes of which boggles my mind that they pulled it off, then another sweet one here, and another year they did this. And this one was fun. But this year's hit close to home. See, Alberta has had a tough few years. The oil sector is taking a huge hit and thousands have lost their oil jobs. And the city of Fort McMurray is especially hard hit being an oil town and then the devastating fire where the whole city was evacuated and thousands lost everything. So to see an Alberta company bring them a bit of cheer is awesome.
What were your favorites blessings for the week?
And before you leave I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas! May your Christmas be joyous, peaceful and bright and filled with the wonder of that very first Christmas where God Himself came to earth to show how very much He loved us.