Well, it's definitely feeling fallish this fine Friday. The air has that cooler feel to it even though the sun might be quite warm. Perfect for sitting outside and reflecting on the blessings of the past week. Please join us.
1. Lunch with a friend and her mom. Sunday we had a lovely lunch out with a couple of ladies we hadn't visited with in a long time. So nice to finally reconnect with them and catch up with what was happening in their lives. Sometimes life is so busy that some friendships seem to fall by the wayside so I was thankful for the open afternoon and that we took advantage of it with them for a lovely lunch and visit.
2. Movie night to kick off our Ladies study for the fall. All though not all of us could attend, we had a great time seeing Ben Hur. I remember this movie from my childhood with Charlton Heston but haven't watched it in a long time. I really liked this remake. This movie is about so much more than a chariot race. It is such a powerful story of family, loyalty, bitterness, hate, revenge and redemption. The cinematography was really good and I love that they featured top actors from all over the world. Though I must confess I glanced away in a few parts of the chariot scene which was incredibly intense and violent. Thankful for a night out with the ladies and a great show.
3. Birthday celebrations. Love family birthdays and this time it was celebrating my brother in law. Nothing fancy, just cake and coffee but still wonderful making someone feel special on their day.
4. Quick customer service. Anyone else hate when they are put on hold for what seems like forever when you call a company for help. Well, that didn't happen this week when I had to call in. I was put through within a few minutes even though it was a prime time of day and the rep was very friendly, helpful and efficient. So appreciated that.
5. Great deals. I love a great deal, who doesn't? And I caught a few at the Bay. They had a huge seasonal clearance and I picked up 2 shirts that were 50% off on the clearance and then that day they were an additional 30% off of that! Now that is worth going shopping for.
What were you thankful for this week?