Welcome everyone. It's Friday wonderful Friday. And that means we look back over the week to recognize and take note of the blessings in our lives. They may be big and obvious or they may be more quiet and hiding a bit but it's a good practice to take note of them and be thankful for them. Please join on in. If you're new the guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
This fave five is going to be all about the long weekend because so many of my blessings and favorite things went on during those 3 days. In Canada we celebrated Canada Day and I know my American bloggy friends enjoyed their 4th of July day off and celebrations.
1. The long weekend. Last weekend we enjoyed a long weekend with Canada Day falling on a Friday. With that holiday landing on a friday, it was so much more relaxing and enjoyable with not having to worry about working the next morning. An extra day to sleep in a bit, laze around with books and an extra coffee or two. I even got some chores crossed off the list without being rushed about it.
2. Bike rides. With the long weekend and great weather, Hubby and I actually got in 2 great, long bike rides. The sky had a mix of sun and cloud so we weren't burning too much and there was a bit of a breeze to cool us off. We took some great paths, stopped at a coffee shop for refreshments and just had fun together.
3. Spontaneous evening with good friends. We received a spontaneous invite for a bbq dinner with our good friends who are so not really spontaneous. They are very busy folks with a full calendar so we usually plan our time together quite a bit in advance. So this was a great surprise. And we always love getting together with them. Lots of laughs and always great food. I had a bbq'd roast for the first time ever and it was delicious!
4. Another spontaneous invite, this one for Saturday morning breakfast out from my mom. She likes IHOP so that is where we headed. Hubby and I don't usually go there but boy they had the most wonderful Banana Macadamia Nut pancakes with butter rum sauce. Oh my. Delicious and nice to spend the morning with my mom.
5. Yummy grilled dinner on Sunday. I got a great deal on some rib steaks at the grocery store last week. I never buy rib steaks because they are Expensive with a capital E! But this was a price that couldn't be left behind. So I grilled them up for our Sunday dinner. And I must say they turned out perfect. I actually didn't over or under cook them, which is a blessing in itself! So for less than the price of fast food burger dinners out we had the best steak dinner at home. Gotta love that!
What were your favorite blessings from the last week?