First off, a very happy Thanksgiving to all my bloggy friends south of the border. I hope you all had a wonderful day filled with good food, friends and/or family and festivities. I know some of you will probably be up at the crack of dawn waiting in line at stores this morning but we are still pausing to take a moment to be thankful. Even if you can't find the time to actually do a post I encourage you to take a moment in your busy day to pause and think of those blessings of your past week.
1. A tough work situation over and done. What a relief when something that is difficult at work is finally over with and a new fresh start can be made. Whew. I am thankful for God's mercies, new every morning! The opportunity to move past stress and a into a new day is a blessing.
2. Dayhome Christmas gifts done and at a great deal to boot! I quit giving toys to the Dayhome kids for Christmas a long time ago. Instead I buy a new toy for the dayhome which they open together on the last day before Christmas and I send them home with a gift of a book. I love to give the gift of reading! And I did all my shopping for the books this year online at BookOutlet. Their already great prices were reduced another 30% for this weekend and they sent me a $5 off coupon code for Black Friday. Not having to be in a crowded store and still getting a great deal is definitely a blessing.
3. Phone Reminders. I love having a task and event memo in my phone. And what I love even more is I can send myself reminders complete with an audible alarm. This feature has saved me so many times I cannot even count. Everything from something as simple as a reminder just to call my mom which can get lost in the shuffle of a busy day to big events and tasks no longer get forgotten. So thankful for an easy way to remember things!
4. Warmth after cold. It's been a bit chilly this last week but starting today is a week long warming trend with an actual 7 days in a row of sunshine predicted! I need me some good, natural vitamin D! Warm breaks in the middle of chilly weather is a blessing!
5. Cheesy Christmas movies. The made for tv kind. The kind you'd never pay good money for at the movies. Love them all. Add a nice hot drink and a cozy blanket. Bring them on!
Again Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you find that moment to find the blessings not only of the holiday but those everyday little blessings that make life good!