Hi everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Boy oh boy, I am needing this. It has been such a overwhelming week for my brain this week that if I didn't have this discipline in thankfulness, I wouldn't even have noticed good things right under my nose. They are going to be listed short and sweet this week because I'm just so tired my brain can't think of witty or flowery paragraphs. But you know, it doesn't have to get all wordy to find and be grateful for good things in my life in spite of the week. Join on in and share your five favourite blessings from the week.
1. Smokin' hot day. Monday's temperature was lovely. Tuesday's hit 27*C. That would be 80.6*F. Around my neck of the woods that would be summertime weather! I actually had to dig out the sunscreen for the kids. Hubby turned on the air conditioning. Never have we done that in April!! Alas yesterday and today actually felt cold although they were really just seasonal temps. Thankful for those 2 days of wonderful heat and sunshine.
2. Evening out with a good friend. My friend and I finally got a night that worked for both of us so that we could celebrate our birthdays on. Four or so months late, but who's counting? So we went out to see Age of Adaline and then topped it off with a nice mint tea and a chocolate raspberry creme brulee at a favourite restaurant. I'm very thankful for this friendship that I have even though we don't get to see each other too often.
3. Salted Caramel Truffle Blizzard. Oh my goodness. How did I not have any of these until the end of the month? I hope they continue to have them on the menu because they are super good.
4. Great finds on our local swap and buy. I was needing some new toys for the dayhome kidlets and I found a couple great sets of Little People items for next to nothing. And they were in excellent condition. Win for the dayhome kids and a win for my pocketbook!
5. A wish list item for our home finally accomplished. We have been wanting stone on our house for some time and have been saving our sheckles for a while now. Our home was built in the 1950's and needed a bit of updating on the outside. Finally that wish was realized this last week. Around the bottom over the cement part and framing our doorway. Hubby and I both love it and are so glad we finally went for it. And we got a great deal from a stone and brick layer who does really good work.
Well this weekend is going to be a busy one for me. Hopefully that sunshine will find it's way back with no wind and I can sneek some outside time in. Hope you all have a nice weekend but not before you tell us what your favourite blessings were this week!