Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Looking back over the week and choosing our favourite 5 blessings is a wonderful discipline that I share with a group of other bloggers. Please join with us acknowledging the things that lifted us during our ordinary everydays. If you need to see the guidelines first then click on the FFF button in the sidebar.
1. Incredible weather. As mentioned in my post yesterday, the weather here this last week has been wonderful. Though we've had some super windy days, that warm wind, the chinook is what ushers in the warm air and that it did! Monday was a record setting 19*C, or 66*F. For January, that is absolutely a welcome blessing! The dayhome kids and I were outside in t-shirts with no coats! Around these parts that just never happens in January. Most of the days this week have been balmy and warm.
2. This book. So good. It grabbed me from the opening paragraphs and has not let go. It has challenged me and encouraged me. I'm almost done so will be doing a review probably on the weekend. Finding a great read is a huge blessing.
3. Celebrations. And this week it was celebrating our son and his 23rd birthday. Wow, I can hardly believe it! He's turned into a wonderful young man, if I do say so myself and it was a pleasure treating him to dinner out at a restaurant of his choice.
4. New Bedroom curtains. I only had mini-blinds up on the bedroom window. It worked quite fine...that is up until the city changed out the old street lights with new fangled led lights. Now in place of a gentle yellow-y glow we have a very bright white light. And does it ever light up the bedroom at night! Even in the middle of the night you can vaguely see. And laying down, my side of the bed which is right by the window can definitely sense that light out there. This last week, we found a discount type of store that had scads of different kinds of curtain for about half the price of even the Wally-Mart. I actually have a dark bedroom now, something I never experienced except on holiday in a hotel. I think it's helped me to sleep better! A good night's sleep is a blessing. Makes a certain someone oh so less cranky in the morning.
5. A news story with a happy ending. In the midst of all the bad news, ugliness, and sad stuff that makes up most news broadcasts it's always nice to come across a happy ending story. This Southern Alberta story just made me smile and maybe even shed a tear or two. Love a good happy ending.
What were your favourite blessings this week?