Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Time to take a breath, slow down and look back over the week and take notice of our blessings, sharing 5 of your favorites. Let's get right to it!
1. Kick off to Operation Christmas Child in church. Every year I'm so nervous making the announcement. I so want to open people's eyes to what these boxes do in the lives of children, their families and sometimes whole villages. It went wonderful and now we can look forward to praying and then going shopping for special kids. If you've never packed a shoebox before, it's a wonderful blessing. Need info on it? You can go here for Canadian residents or here if you live in the U.S.
2. Uplifting words from my wonderful hubby. Sometimes he just finds the most perfect words to uplift my world. I don't even think he realizes it. But this week he found just the right ones and I'm so thankful.
3. Reconnecting with friends we haven't seen in about 24 years. Unfortunately, it was because of a funeral of someone we both knew. But getting together with friends out of our past was lovely!
4. Fall Scents. I absolutely love the scents of fall. Outside in the cool crisp mornings, from the crunchy leaves when I rake, in the spicy scents of candles and lotions.
5. Sleep, blessed sleep. It's been a crazy busy week with settling in the new babe in dayhome and kids ending up getting sick and having to be sent home. I'm not gonna lie. I love that age but boy, oh boy, I am tired! I'm so thankful for sleep at night!
Some weeks it's the little things! What were your favorites this week?