Friday, May 30, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #285
Welcome to the last FFF of the month of May. Wowzers, where did that month go? Spring is just about done and summer is just around the corner. I think I find it so hard to believe because weather-wise it seems spring has just started. But it is the end of the month and it is Friday so here we go with Friday's Fave Five. Guidelines are here if you've never participated before.
1. The color Green. As in spring green. As in the grass turning green. As in the leaves all fresh and green. As in the coulees a gorgeous green. It's amazing what a little rain in the spring will do.
2. A budget win. After all the hail and storms and microburst of last year, I wasn't too motivated to buy flowers to plant this year. But my generous hubby gives me his Canadian Tire Money every Mother's Day so that I can buy flowers. I usually spend it all and then some. But because of last year I determined that this year I was not going to spend a penny more than what he gave me. I went and shopped with intention putting everything that appealed to me in the cart. They had slim pickings on some things and I didn't want it to disappear while I was mulling it over. Then I really thought through what I wanted in which pot and where and with determination put lots back even though they were lovely. Much to my satisfaction when all was rung up, I came within 66 cents of the total that I had to spend. I did not go over! There is nothing like the feeling of having lovely flowers all around all for free. I shall totally enjoy them this year and not fret in case the weather decides to freak out on us.
3. A spur of the moment movie with my sister. We went and saw the movie "Mom's Night Out". What a totally enjoyable time. Totally over the top, yes unrealalistic situations but seriously folks, isn't that what most comedies base their laughs on?, it was soooo funny. The theatre was quite full and everyone was laughing out loud through the whole movie. It also had a great encouraging message for moms who are in the trenches of raising their children and feeling overwhelmed. And no swearing or sleaze! I'm so glad I didn't listen to a lot the more negative reviews. I would have missed a fun evening!
4. Reading in the warmth of the sun. Does this even need more description? So nice to sit on the deck with a coffee and book enjoying the sun shining down. Finally!
5. Chocolate Chip cookie delivery. My good friend made chocolate chips for our ladies study group on Monday night and they were delicious! Tuesday I could not stop thinking of those cookies. I texted her "I WANT cookies" to make her smile. That night she was on my doorstep with a delivery of fresh mouth watering cookies all tied up with a pretty ribbon. What a blessing that was.
What are you grateful for this week?