Well we made it through Christmas. Through all the preparing and baking and cooking and shopping. All be visiting and parties. All the chaos and fun and exhaustion. There was much to be thankful for. Yes, there was presents and all the hoopla but in the midst of that was the real things that I am truly grateful for. Please join in and share you 5 favorite things from your week.
1. Safe travels for all my kids as they came home. The weather held out, the roads were in good driving condition and my girls made it home safely last weekend. My son had made it safely to his job on Christmas Eve and back home again safely on Boxing day. I'm so thankful for that. I try not to think too much when I know they are on the road, I pray and try to keep giving it over to the Lord, or I would drive myself crazy with anxiety.
2. A chance to see all our relatives at some point. Sometimes it doesn't happen. There are just too many dinners and parties all happening at the same time or close together or just too many, period. But this year, without feeling like we were always on the run, we actually managed to have a visit with everyone. I enjoy seeing family at Christmas, they are what is important to me, so to be able to see them all was extra special.
3. A relaxed Christmas morning. Because my son was working at his job on a ambulance service Christmas Eve and Day, we waited to open our gifts on Boxing Day morning when he was back and our stockings on Monday night before he left. This opened up a really relaxed Christmas morning to celebrate T's (my youngest) Christmas Day birthday. It was so much nicer, at least in my opinion. Wonder if I can talk everyone into making this a new tradition.
4. The food of Christmas. I'm the first to admit, I love the all the delicious food of Christmas. I love tasting other's favorite Christmas fare and I love to cook. So this is one yummy week I'm very thankful for. Gym tomorrow!
5. Moments of quiet to reflect on the whole reason we celebrate Christmas. To remember that Jesus came to earth in the humble form of a human baby to draw us and to show us God's love for us and to bring us back to Him. How very thankful I am for such a loving God!
How was your Christmas week? Did you have moments of calm and quiet where you could reflect on your favorites?
I wish you all a very Happy New and all God's best for 2014! I can't believe our next FFF will be in 2014. Thank you all for being a blessing to me and joining me in the last year! I look forward to you sharing your favorites throughout the next year.