Welcome to Friday's Fave Five everyone! Are you ready to look back over your week and find your favorite blessings? If you need to you can go here for details.
1. Details coming together. On the weekend we traveled to the city that Youngest Daughter will be go to for bible school in the fall. We visited with the family she will be living with. It was good to get one more detail taken care of.
2. Delicious burgers. On the way to the visit above we stopped in the big city and tried out one of the restaurants featured on the Food Network show "You Gotta Eat Here" . (It's at the 16:37 mark of the video in the link). The show is like the Canadian version of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. I love the Canadian show and everytime they feature a place from the big city I've put it into my phone. This time we tried a burger place, Boogie's Burgers, since Hubby was in the mood for a burger. When we first pulled up to it I wondered at our choice as it wasn't in the best location ever and looked a little old. We were a few minutes early but as we waited more people started to pull up and wait. From the moment they opened the whole time we were there it was a steady stream of people. The burgers were the biggest patties I've ever seen and they were delicious. No, not one of us had the gumption or the guts to try the "Don't Fear the Reaper Burger" from the video but thanks for asking. Youngest Daughter got adventurous and tried the Bacon Maple Milk Shake. We thought she went off the deep end but it was really, really good! And I have to say I have never been in a fast food joint before that has come twice to our table to ask how everything was. So we are two for two in trying something different thanks to the show.
3. New Recipes that turn into family favorites. I tried Gordon Ramsey's Pork chops with Sweet and Sour Peppers and it was the best pork chops I have ever made! Definitely a keeper. Recipe is here.
4. My new electric fry pan. My old one, after giving many years of use, started to not get hot enough. Instead of frying it was basically simmering. But I was panicking. I couldn't find one that I really liked. Up until last week. That was when I came across the Oster Removable Skillet Electric Fry Pan.
Love it. The pan lifts off the heating element for easy serving and cleaning and can even be put in the oven. It fits in my cupboard, which was a huge deal as I don't have an official pantry to store this stuff. I used it to make those delicious pork chops above and it worked really well. I love when I find exactly what I want and need and bonus: it was 40% off! That is always a favorite thing!
5. Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Any crisp. But this time it was strawberry rhubarb. Hot. With French Vanilla ice cream melting over top, please!
What have been your favorites this week?