We had internet issues all day yesterday so my FFF post didn't make it up on time. But I was able to sneak in and at least get the Linky up so go ahead and start without me and I'll get my post done as soon as the day allows. Whew, I'm finally able to access the internet without it going out. Thanks for being patient and getting the party started without me! So here we go:
1. Hard working hubby who literally was on the phone all day with our service provider to figure out what was going on and then fixing it as they walked him through the various procedures. I don't what I'd do without his willingness to do stuff like that. I'd be paying out a whole lot more in "geek" fees, that's for sure. He was still working a few kinks out with the networking this morning but I think it's finally working 100% again.
2. Family Gatherings. Last weekend was Thanksgiving in Canada so that meant our family was able to be all together for the weekend. K took a break from school and work to come down for the weekend and we spent a wonderful relaxed time together. She unfortunately had mid-terms this week so had to take some time out to study but we were still able to spend time with her. And my other two are still at home, but who knows for how long so I appreciate every moment we have a chance to celebrate holidays and weekends all together. Sunday I served the Thanksgiving dinner so my sis and her family, my mom, and Hubby's sis and husband joined us. Wonderful day together. We all missed the presence of Hubby's mom who passed away last year. She was always such a firecracker but she was there in our thoughts and conversation.
3. Thanksgiving food. I love the traditional thanksgiving meal. I always do the traditional turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. In addition, our meal tradition always includes cranberry sauce and spaghetti squash. We had a few other veggie options and of course, pumpkin pie for dessert. This year we also threw in a birthday cake as K's guest was celebrating a birthday this week.
After this wonderful meal on the Sunday we head to my Sister's on Monday to have a meal with my dad and his wife. He is allergic to turkey so ham is sometimes on the menu for this meal but this year my sister went totally nontraditional and made her lasagna. She makes the best lasagna in the world! I was pretty excited to smell that when I walked in her door! Needless to say, one of the reasons it's so good is because it definitely not a diet lasagna! I'll be spending extra time at the gym this week.
4. The winter duvet hit the bed this week. I love the big, fluffy quilt. It's so comfortable, and while I'm sad to see summer go, I do love fall and one of the reasons is this comfy blanket is back on the bed. And I love the ease that goes with having a duvet and cover when making the bed. No more wrangling with separate sheets and blankets. One big flick and laying it straight is all it takes to make the bed.
5. Starfield concert. I was only able to catch the second half of the concert due to other commitments but boy, oh boy, it's so good. These guys just get better all the time. The first time I saw them was about 10 years ago when they were the back up to someone else and they've just grown. Their concerts are a mix of hard driving concert and worship night. What I really appreciate is their connection with the kids. They come out after and stay until every kid that wants to has had a poster or t-shirt signed, picture taken or just met them and said hello. They make everyone of them feel important. Nothing egotistical or prideful in these two brothers comes across. They truly make the kids feel good. (If you so desire you can click on the link and listen to some of their songs there).
So again, thanks for being patient with my internet woes this week. I hope everyone has a great weekend with big and small blessings abounding!