Friday, February 24, 2012
Friday's Fave Five #179
Hi everyone! It's been a very fast week since last Friday. But here we are again to share our favorite blessings from the last week. Whether you're week was super de dooper or you pushed on through it, take a moment and look for those things uplifted you, then join us as we share them.
My favorites were all related to a visit with my oldest girl for her birthday and time, which I must admit ,seems to be clipping along awful fast lately. If anyone can figure out a way to slow it down just send me a little email.
1. Time with hubby. We don't very often get the opportunity to get away on our own but last weekend the chance came up. So we packed a bag, booked the hotel and off we went, just the two of us to see the Oldest Girl for her birthday. Well, us and the hound. It's about a 7 hour drive one way so we had plenty of time to chat over Starbucks & Timbits as we drove. Once there we had a belated Valentine's dinner at the restaurant our daughter works at.
2. Time with Oldest Daughter. Never enough, as far as I'm concerned. Even though we just saw her at Christmas, usually the next time we would see her would be Easter. So this little weekend was extra special. It was nice taking up her present instead of having to mail it and very nice to take her out for supper to a place of her choice.
3. Time testing out the new (to us) vehicle. It was fun taking the it out on a road trip and figuring out all the buttons and workings.
4. Time shopping at a favorite store. Our city doesn't have a Homesense, so it's a treat to be able go and browse around for a bit. I was a good girl and didn't spend too much though, only buying a couple of candles and a couple boxes of thank you cards. Oh and a couple of toys for the before mentioned hound, who was very happy we thought of him.
5. Time to do lots of reading. There was lots of time to just relax, put up my feet and read. One of my favorite ways to spend some time.
What were your favorite blessings this week? If you do a post, link it on up and join in. And if you can, take a minute a visit the other participants. There's been quite a few newcomers, say a friendly hello to them and be blessed reading how others were uplifted this week.