Hello everyone. Welcome to a very cold and wet Friday. A perfect day to curl up with a hot drink and a throw blanket and look for five blessings from the week. Whether it be an easy task or something very difficult, I encourage you to look for the good things of your days. It doesn't have to be big, it could be the simplest of things, yet it was what gave you a smile, gave you hope, or lifted you even if for just a moment.
I think because of the weather and it suddenly feeling like fall instead of Indian Summer, my favorites are all about those things that seem to make me feel cozy.
1. Winter quilts. Finally it's on my bed, my big puffy quilt, a simple thing yet it makes me smile when I get into bed. So comfy and so warm. The nice thing about the weather getting colder is that quilt coming out of hiding and onto the bed.
2. A surprise candle from hubby. Hubby came home bearing a gift of my favorite brand of candle. I love a nice Wood Wick candle and he brought me home a Triology scent. I'm usually not a berry scented candle fan especially at this time of year, but this is lovely. Not heavy at all and very fresh and lovely. Sweet gift from a sweet hubby.
3. Cozy throw blankets. Nothing nicer on the cooler evenings when the wind is blowing and the rain is falling than cozying up on the couch with a warm throw blanket.
4. Fall colors decorating the house. My favorite colors to decorate with are the rich browns, golds and rusts of fall time. I love pulling out the fall decorations as it brings those right into the house. And I finally felt like changing to fall decorations this week. A bit behind this year on that this year.
5. Thanksgiving plans. Yup it's Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend. Took me a bit by surprise this year, it seems so early, but I love making the plans for dinner and what we're going to do on the weekend. Hopefully the weather will co-operate with all my well made plans.
What have been your favorites from the last week? Please join us as we look for those blessings. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.