It's Wednesday so that means it's the day we all get together and join our lovely hostess, Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee, and answer her questions of the week. Join us for some random fun.
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Oh my. This is one of my issues. I am a huge procrastinator. What haven't I procrastinated? Ok. Let's see. I'm supposed to be writing a blurp about the area I am in charge of at church. And it's pretty self explanatory so I don't quite know what to write, so I've been putting it off for weeks and pretending I never did see the email asking us to do that. I know. I'm bad.
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? I'm usually a quick faller asleeper. That is unless someone slips me a caffeinated coffee too late in the day. But even when I'm worried about something I can usually get to sleep pretty quick. And I usually sleep through the night unless the dog is hogging my side of the bed or someone opened the heating vents in the room. (I like my room on the cold side).
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? Oh Lidna, fashion and I, well we just never seemed to connect. I have no idea how to answer this one. As long as something looks good, fits great and gives me confidence, I'm good.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Bbq Beef on big fresh buns. Throw in homemade potato salad and fresh veggies and dip. Easy and yummy.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? Depends on my mood. Last thing I bought on impulse was Dead Sea minerals exfoliating face mask. Now I'm looking at the dark brown muck in the jar and wondering whatever possessed me. Oh yeah, it said my skin would be lovely and nourished. Well, we'll see I guess.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? I've never really thought about it. I think I would like the gospel expressed somehow in it.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? Today my joy would be bright and cheery and red and would look like almost a dozen red tulips sitting pretty on my mantle.
8. What is your favorite type of bread? Homemade. Warm with real butter melting on it.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.) Well seeing as I already have a handle on procrastination, I think it would be cynicism. I don't want to become an old, cynical, unhappy person finding no joy in anything.
10. What trait would you like most to develop? I would like to be more even tempered. I would like to genuinely listen to people better.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why? I don't know. Maybe my living room. I like to think it's homey and inviting and comfortable. I hope I make people feel at home and comfortable and invited. It's got my personal touches of things I love like pictures of my family, little birds and books. It's neutral with splashes of color here and there. I think my personality is sort of like that.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? I'm probably never perfectly balanced. I usually find I performing a fine juggling act. Over the years I have learned to say no. Which was a huge thing for me. But even now, I have to constantly re-evaluate and take a look at what is going on and readjust. I have to constantly ask myself what are my priorities and shuffle things.
Whew, some of those were hard. Who'd of thought I'd get hung up on fashion and home style questions. Oh, yeah, me. I totally could have predicted that.