Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday's Fave Five #60

Hi everyone! Thanks for coming again this week and playing along listing your five favorite things from your week. For any newcomers, if you need details, head on over here and then join right in.

1. An unexpected couple of hours off. What a nice surprise to have a couple of hours to do with as I pleased in the middle of a work day. I don't get that very often and I took full advantage going to get the Operation Christmas Child info kits and boxes to set up at church and then stopping by my dear friends for coffee. Was she ever surprised when she got my phone call telling her to put the coffee pot on 'cause I was a'coming.

2. My jet tub. After hurting my back last week my jet tub was a super blessing. It was the best thing to sit in a nice hot tub with those jets blowing the water and doing their magic relaxing muscles and bubbling the hurt away. It was heaven.

3. Paint with no smell. We're painting the living room and hubby brought home some paint from the store he works in. There was not a hint of smell to it. It was wonderful.

4. Big quilts. I got my big old quilt out and it's so nice to have it back. It's one of my favorite comfort items I own.

5. Fresh, clean sheets. Nothing like the smell of crisp, fresh pillowcases and sheets.

What has been your favorites this week? Do a post and don't forget to sign on to Mr. Linky!

This has absolutely nothing to do with favorites, but I've got the news on while typing this post and they just announced that Wallymart is selling caskets online. Yeah, you read that right. Caskets! Can you believe it? What next?


23 comments:

Michelle said...

It sounds as if your jet tub did the trick in fixing or at least helping your back feel better.
It's always so nice to get off work early :)

Kari said...

Hi Susanne,
Your five is great. Unexpected time off, jet tub's(that sounds really good)and odorless paint. That's just great.
I also love clean sheets - there's nothing like it!
Happy Friday and great weekend.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh...I sort of like the smell of new paint. But everything else on your list sounds lovely...except the bad back. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Sandy@ Jesus and Dark Chocolate said...

Oh your jet tub sounds glorious! And I bet unexpected time off was so nice. That never happens to me, so I can imagine how wonderful it must have been. And you are such a wise women to go for coffee w/ a friend during that time. :)
And I need to paint my dining room soon, I will have to check into the no smell paint!

Islandsparrow said...

Caskets?? Very strange.

Clean sheets and a cozy quilt - some of my favourites too.

I'm glad to hear your back is some better.

And a few unexpected hours to relax and have a visit - what a treat!

Happy weekend Suzanne - thanks for hosting!

Lisa notes... said...

One good thing about the cold weather is those big quilts to wrap up in. I love that too. And fresh clean sheets are the best to get a good night's sleep in. Have a great weekend.

Brenda said...

I have never heard of paint with no smell. What a great idea! I love clean sheets too, I change mine weekly and love getting into bed with clean sheets.

Jenna's Scribbles said...

Ahhh, aren't quilts wonderfully relaxing? Hope your back feels better!

Carrie said...

That jet bath DOES sound amazing.

And how very fun to have a few hours off in the middle of a work day! =) That's always a special treat.

Thank you again for hosting!

Anonymous said...

Yay for extra time free! And I'm glad you have some therapeutic jetting for your poor back. Great fives this week, Susanne.

ellen b said...

Such great comforting favorites this week Susanne. Unexpected free time is wonderful. Hope you have a great weekend.

Barbara H. said...

My husband would love a jet tub or hot tub. I don't know where we'd put one. But I'm glad you had one for your back, and I'm glad it is feeling better.

What a blessing unexpected free time is! And you used it well.

I almost gag on the smell of paint. We'll have to look for the no smell kind next time.

That reminds me I do need to wash sheets after the other laundry gets done.

Happy Friday!

TXDidi said...

Coffins at Walmart? Oh my. Will they have black-light specials now instead of blue light specials?
Nice crisp sheets are great but this time of year I'm yearning to crawl into nice flannel sheets. But I'm with you all the way when it comes to getting the quilts out. Nothing cozier.

Unknown said...

Oh I hope your back heals...the jet tub sounds wonderful...and fresh sheets?? nothing better! have a nice weekend

Willow said...

Unexpected time off and coffee with a friend! What a great day! Clean sheets! Love the feeling!

Have a great weekend! And as always, thank you for hosting this.

Jewel said...

Oh oh oh I love number 1!! While it has been my most challenging semester, this is the 1st semester that I have a TWO hour lunch break and it is wonderful! I could be so so so busy, but I usually force myself to take advantage of the time to rest or relax.

Faith said...

oooo...a jet tub..that sounds heavenly!!! and wow...email me with the name of that paint! we need to do our half bath and our family room, dining room and master bedroom. I would love a nonscented paint! I didn't know there was such a thing!!!! HAPPY FFF

Julia said...

I love freshly laundred sheets mmmmm! And I am completely with you on the quilt. I've already hauled out my big thick winter one.

Jerralea said...

Ooh, I love jet tubs!

I have heard it all - Walmart selling caskets! That just boggles the mind ...

Donnetta said...

Oh your week sounds lovely. Coffee with friends, warm jet tub, fresh clean sheets and a wonderful, familiar comforter. Nice....

Happy Friday!

Sandra said...

What a great five this week Susanne.

I love clean sheets too, nothing like it. :)

Jamie said...

Fresh, clean sheets are on of my favorites too.

How nice that you had a few hours off. I bet that was refreshing.

Have a great weekend!

Hot Tubs, Saunas, Steam Rooms said...

There is nothing better for a sore back than the therapeutic action of a jet (especially one that combines water and air at the nozzle for true hydrotherapy).

I'm glad you were able to find relief.

Great five, btw. :)