So here we go. I wasn't sure I could actually come up with five things. I was a wee bit nervous about that. I've had such a busy, overwhelming week that a lot of things just went right on by me, but once I got going, it wasn't too terribly hard to find five favorite things.
1. Good customer service. The young man who served a very frustrated me at the registration office and kept a smile on his face the whole time and treated me nicely, you don't know what a blessing you were. When I was ready to blow a gasket, you were a very calming force. Thank you for that. I wish some of that would rub off on the fella who sits at the service window next to you!
2. This sad, sorry dead strip running through my back lawn.
No, the fact that my poor, old lawn has a dead strip running through it is definitely not my favorite thing, but it is what this sorry strip of grass represents. And that was three hours of tons of fun to 5 preschoolers and 2 elementary age kids as slipped and slid and laughed their way down the slip and slide that was situated there.
3. A real live handwritten suprise note in the mail from my friend Donnetta at My Quiet Corner. I love my email but oh, how wonderful to get an actual note that written by the hand of a friend with such encouraging words. Thanks so much Donnetta. You made my day!
4. Fishing with my son and daughter. Okay, if we're going to be technical, I don't actually do any fishing. Ewww. I just go with my camp chair, camera and book and keep them company. When we went to the lake on the other side of town the other night, it was especially enjoyable. It was so calm and peaceful. There was nary a movement on the top of the water, unless you counted the trail the family of ducks were leaving as they swam by. There was hardly any noise except for the plop of the hooks as it hit the water. So peaceful. I think I read about 4 chapters sitting there with them.
5. Air show practices. I always get a thrill watching the fighter jets, and huge cargo planes and the Canadian Snowbirds as they arrive for the air show. We're on the end of town that has the airport so as they do "advertising" practices, they go right over top of the house. There is just something so exciting about hearing and literally feeling their rumble as they make their first pass over the house. Me and the kids all go running out, straining our eyes trying to get that glimpse as they roar by. I can't quite put my finger on why it's so thrilling for me but I guess if I figured it out it wouldn't be quite so magical.
So what were your favorites from the week. If you've done a post, please sign onto Mr. Linky so that we can come and visit you and enjoy your favorites with you.