Hi everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I will be joining in later this morning but I've left Mr. Linky here for you to link up your posts! I'll catch up in a bit.
Well a bit turned into a whole lot later. Whew. But I made it! It's been a week but I'm thankful FFF keeps me anchored and makes me slow down and purposefully look for God's blessings.
~ flowers still shooting out blooms ~ end of Sepember and most of my flowers are still doing great. In fact, lupins in my area should be done blooming by mid-July, but this little guy in a show of defiance to the time of year, shot up two more blooms just last week. I'm loving the colorful fall.
~ down time ~ it was so busy this week I'm thankful for every small moment of down time I was blessed with. Whether it was moments to read, pray, play a game or even just sit and have hot coffee I was grateful for all.
~ lots of outside time ~ with the beautiful days we've been able to get outside several times a day with the dayhome kids. It's good for all our mental and physical health.
~ fall scents ~ falling leaves, apples, cinnamon, crockpot meals bubbling all day. The warm scents of coziness.
~ Date night with Hubby ~ Usually we do takeout on a Friday night, but this week we decided a night out at a restaurant was in order. What a blessing to get out and enjoy a good meal together and wind down from the busy week.
Thanks for joinng in once again this week.


8 comments:
Thank you for leaving the link up. I have to be at work at 7:30 on Friday mornings and I love this Friday fave fives! I will check back later this evening to see what's everyone has been up to.
Wow! #900 Congratulations! Have a beautiful weekend.
Some of our flowers are still at it, too. So fun! Those down time moments in the midst of a busy week are treasures. I'm glad you and the kids had a lot of good time outside. I love fall scents, too. This morning has a nip in the air--though it will warm up later on, I am thinking about vegetable soup and corn muffins for dinner. Yay for date nights! We usually do take-out, too, but sometimes it's nice to get out for a bit.
A lupine in autumn. That's amazing and beautiful.
Fall is just starting to pop up here. I especially love the leaves on the path. The sunny weather is so good for the kids so they can be outside using up some of that energy.
I hope next week is a bit quieter.
I love it when the flowers give us that extra burst of color this time of year. I think they are so grateful for the cooler temps. My roses are making a show of it.
Congrats on 900 Friday Fave Five postings!
We also have a second summer today up to 25°C ! For me it can continue the whole year long !
We had a date night last night and Dave cooked! and surprised me with coconut milk ice cream (a pint which I will savor in the next 2 weeks as I just eat a small amount at a time).
I LOVE that some of the summer blooms are still vibrant and going strong.
YAY for outdoor/nature time!
And for slow cooker meals, the scent of apples and cinnamon.
ENJOY the rest of the weekend.
How nice that the flowers are still performing for you. Ours takes a summer break and wake up a bit in cooler weather.
Those are terrific, gentle faves of having some restful time and being outside and enjoying your autumnal blessings.
Post a Comment