Friday, September 04, 2026

Friday"s Fave Five #897




Happy September everyone and welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  To me the beginning of September is fall so my mindset is already all things cozy.  Thanks for joining in on another week of looking for blessings to be grateful for.

~ feeling appreciated ~  sometimes in my line of work one can feel very unappreciated.  The hours are long, the pay usually isn't what it should be for the responsibility we carry and the expectations put upon us.  The job is physically and emotionally draining at times, and a whole lot of times we are taken advantage of.  But then there are the times when a parent lets you know just how greatly they valued the time their children had with you and it makes every moment worth it.  It was one of my dayhome families last day with me this week.  They showered me with lovely flowers, gift cards and chocolates but it was the beautiful card that Mom wrote that I will treasure forever and pull out and reread at those times I feel discouraged.  I'm sad they are going, it;s always hard to say goodbye to the kids in my care, but I'm excited for their new adventures and look forward to the next family God will bring my way.  





~ weekend biking ~ The weekend turned out some lovely weather so we took advantage with a bike ride.  This new bike has been turning out to be the best decision.  Its easy on my knee and way less stressful on my wrist and arm.  So happy I didn't have to give up an activity I so enjoy doing.






~ dahlia plantar ~  I've tried growing dahlias quite a few times before but they were always just alright.  Until this year.  I picked these up on a whim and they've done amazing in this plantar on the deck.  I guess I just wasn't buying the right variety before.  It's a blessing to see them out my patio doors whenever I look that direction. 





~ weekend visit from our son ~ any visit from my adult kids will always make my favorite blessing list.  


~ quiet start to the morning ~ this week my early arrivals have haven't arrived quite so early. Not by much but it's made for a slower start to the day, rather than hitting the floor running which is very much appreciated and never taken for  granted by this not an early morning person.  


What were your favorite blessings from your week?







No comments: