Welcome back to Friday's Fave Five. We are keeping ourselves on track to developing grateful hearts by taking Fridays as our time to list five of our favorite blessings from the last week. Doing so places our minds and hearts on noticing God's blessings. In good times and in hard times. Its where we choose to put our focus and remember to thank our good God who brings them into our life. Thank you for joining in with me.
~ finally a day in my happy place ~ We finally were able to get away for a day to one of my favorite places, Waterton Lakes. Even though even the easy hikes were not in the cards for me this year, it was a glorious day spent in the mountains, We went to our fave place for lunch, Strolled along the shore of the lake for a bit, then just took out lawn chairs and picnic blanket to the lake shorer. I read my book and watched the boats go by, Hubby had a snooze and Tux tried not to go nuts with all the other dogs going by. Though we had a yellow alert for smoke from Northwest U.S. and British Columbia, and the moutain range was mostly obscured, down in the village it wasn't too bad. I was so happy to be able to make at least one trip this year!
~Mama's new ride ~ Since I fell off my mountain bike twice on Father's Day which threw me into the whole flare up of my knee and tore my miniscus, I'll not lie, I was scared to get back on the bike. And with my arm issue, with the mountain bike style of leaning over the handlebars with weight tranferring into my forearms, wrist and hand was getting tougher, But I didn't want to give up one of my favorie activities! So we made a spur of the moment trip to the bike shop just to check out my options. And there sitting on the very end of a row of cruiser bikes was this beauty just waiting for me, It has a low step thru do I don't have to swing my leg over a bar or bend my knee to a painful point to get it over a bar, The step down from a sitting position is at a safer height, the handlebars sit higher so weight is not on my hands and it was the only cruiser bike with a tiltable handlebar so its totally customizable. In one of my favorite colors and, be still my heart, it has a book clip on the back so if I come across a Little Free Library I have somewhere to put a book! And you know what was crazy? It was the only one like it there. There was lots of all the other kinds but only one like this with everything I wanted. , It was like God put it together just for me, And then said "Oh and here's $250 off the price". Whaaaat? I would have been nuts to walk away without it. So now I have a new ride and I'm so thankful.
~ new fruit ~ Ran into the grocery store to get a few things and saw this new variety of plum I'd never heard of beforem so thought I'd give it a try. Tiger's Blood is now my favorite plum. So sweet and lots of flavor, Yes it really is that dark crimson inside. Word of advise...don't drip any of the juice on your clothing, Just saying. I need to go back for more before the season is done!
~ round 2 of Taber corn ~ this time Peaches & Ceam was at the stands. Though I like the Honeycomb variety from last week better, this is mighty tasty also.
~ non-medicinal help ~ I have found this product, my massage therapist recommended to me, very helpful with aches and pains, Right now, I spray it on right before bed or when the knees are aching anytime. Its also great on aching muscles. Usually the professional grade is only avaiable thru therapists of various kinds but I found it on Amaz*n for a fair price. Thankful there are products out there to help keep me from reaching for medications too regularly.
What were your fave blessings this week?
And bonus blessing is that being a person of faith I believe Jesus is there to help me carry those heavy things and gives me strength and hope to get through the valleys of life. And He'll do the same for you! We just have to learn to hand Him those weights and then the trick is not to grab it back.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



4 comments:
What a fabulous new bike find!! I'm not a big plum fan but they look so good I always try them anyway.
So glad you were able to make that trip to the lakes! Looks like a lovely spot. And wow, that's so great about the bike having all the features you wanted plus being $250 off! I have not had a plum in a long time. I'll have to see if they have that variety around here. I'll have to look for Biofreeze, too. I use Icy Hot--the roll-on helps, but the spray not so much. Yet the spray is helpful for areas you can't reach with the roll-on.
Susanne I am SO glad you got to your happy place...there's no place like the mountains and a fresh water lake, is there?? I'm heading to the mountains again tomorrow and I'm most excited. It will only be about a 5.5 mile hike but still!!!
That is exactly the kind of bike my chiropractor AND my PT both said I need for the cervical spine issue I have. And i have had a VERY hard time finding one in our area. I honestly tried my mt hybrid bike again in June and yup...it brought on upper back pain. We have tried adjusting the handlebars and dave says they're as high as they're gonna go and they STILL aren't high enough. So now I'm going to pray that some bike shop will actually have a cruiser bike for me.....I guess if the Lord wants me to have one, He'll arrange it like He did so beautifully with you! CONGRATS on your new ride!!
YAY for fresh plums (I've actually seen those in a market in our town but i ended up not buying them Now i'll have to go back!!)
I LOVE fresh corn on the cob. We've had some good corn this summer but last week it was awful!! I told dave that's what I get for going for a different farm.
ENJOY the weekend!!
I LOVE your new bike! Such a pretty blue, and I can just see you cruising around the neighborhood:) Have fun with it!
Dan likes plums, so I’ll have to see if they sell the Tiger variety here. And I remember using Biofreeze for a former injury. Good to have on hand.
Post a Comment