Friday, April 26, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #783


Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.   Please join us as we take a moment and pause our busyness to reflect on the blessings in our lives over the past week.  Our goal is to intentionally take note of all the good things God blesses us with in our ordinary days so that it becomes more of our nature to see the blessings than to dwell on the not so good.  Developing a heart of gratitude takes noticing things to be grateful for and that takes intention.  Please join us as we meet each Friday to share 5 of our favorite blessings from the week.  



~ beautiful calm, warm days ~  This week has seen some absolutely lovely warm and calm days, especially noticed after a brutally windy Sunday.   It was the kind of wind where we literally had to make sure things were weighed down outside and parking under trees was taking a risk.  I opened the bathroom window for a couple of minutes to let the steam from a shower dissipate and it sounded like there was a helicopter landing in the bathroom.  So it was a great blessing to have days of absolute calm and warmth.  

~ April Pink Moon ~ Wednesday night was an "April full pink moon".  About 10 o'clock I let the dog out and saw it's brightness shining through the neighbor's pines.  Now if you look it up it is supposedly named a pink moon because it's named after spring wildflowers.  But as this moon was rising it was literally pink this year.  It was amazing against the dark blue night sky.  It was really a stunner.  Had I have know it was going to be this great this year, I would have been tempted to drive out of town away from the city lights and obstructions to get a picture.  As it was an hour later it was covered by a thin layer of clouds and no longer looked pink so I'm glad I got this shot anyway.  



~ painless days ~ my left knee has been giving me grief for almost a month.  It's made work hard, walking the dog impossible and sleeping not so great.  But this Tuesday I woke up and it literally felt great.  No real pain, just a bit achy when it's tired. I've been able to walk the dog a few times this week.  Praise God.  I should probably still get it checked as it's not totally back to normal yet but I'm so thankful that the major pain and limited mobility was absent these last 4 days.  


~ great memories ~ all this month FB has been shooting memories from my Operation Christmas Child missions trip to Costa Rica into my feed.  I've been looking forward to each day to see which memory it brings up.  It was a high light in my life and I vividly remember it.  It would be fun to see how all the kids have grown from when we were there.  Has it really been 5 years?!!

~ a good hearty laugh ~ I really do love a good laugh and love when I come across something so relatable it makes me laugh out loud.  I came across this somewhere and thought it was too funny not to share.





What have been your favorite blessings this past week?






12 comments:

Susan said...

I enjoy FB memories too. That is great that you went on a missions trip for Operation Christmas Child. I help out with that at my church each year. Have a great weekend!

Faith said...

HAHAH that's a great comic....i've seen that on Facebook. A merry heart does the body good!!

YAY for calm, sunny days....we've had a gorgeous here in eastern NY and I'm so thankful for a beautiful Spring.

I love when the memories come up on social media. I'm sure i miss a lot lately as i'm not on there much anymore other than when Instagram pushes a photo over.

That moon!! I saw it too and it's just been spectacular (the evenings) this week.

Have a wonderful weekend Susanne

Barbara H. said...

I'd not heard of a pink moon, but that is so pretty. I'm glad your knee is feeling better. Perhaps it was just strained for a while. I hope it won't need anything. I'm glad for the calm days.

What fun memories of Costa Rica. Lately my FB memories have been of my grandson's birth and time in the NICU ten years ago. I'm so grateful God brought him through all of that safely.

Love that meme!

Wendy said...

Oh that cartoon made me laugh. Thanks for sharing. The moon certainly looks pink in your pic - hadn't heard of that. Glad you're knee seems to be improving, hope that continues. Have a good weekend Susanne.

ellen b. said...

Hooray for your knee feeling good. It's nice that weather wise things have calmed down. Spring is so volatile! Happy weekend to you!

ellen b. said...

What a relief to have your knee feeling better and doing it's job properly. Spring can be so volatile weather wise. It's nice to be back to some calm days. Have a wonderful weekend.

Willow said...

Has it really been five years since your Costa Rica trip? I remember it like it was last year! Memories have been popping up for me too--ten years since I drove across the US from CA to FL with my daughter and her two newly adopted little ones. Love those memories.
I'm glad your knee is feeling so much better!
And yes, real spring weather is wonderful.
Have a good weekend and get good rest.

Karen said...

Five years since your OCC trip?! It doesn't seem possible. But then, when I think of how old I am, that doesn't seem possible either!

I've never heard of a pink moon. How beautiful it sounds, I'll have to look it up.

So sorry to hear about your knee. What a frustration. I'm battling some heel pain and just when I've had enough, it dissipates for a bit. I know I need to just go to the doctor.

I hope you enjoy your weekend and do something fun!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I wasn't able to join in with FFF this week, but I enjoyed reading yours. So sorry that your knee has been giving you discomfort. My left knee is also painful. I glad to hear that you had some pain free days last week. That cartoon at the end made me laugh because I can sure relate. Glad you had a good week and found many blessings. Have a good weekend.

Gattina said...

We are still "sitting" in cold and grey weather ! I wonder if we will have any spring for the moment it seems more winter ! You should see a doctor for your knee ! Just to check if it is only an inflammation or something more serious. You don't want to end up with crutches won't you ? Crazy that it is already 5 years that you have been in Costa Rica !

Melanie said...

What a wonderful opportunity to serve in another country! Many years ago, I hosted a foreign exchange student from Costa Rica. It was just for a day and a night but fun to learn about each other.

I heard about the pink moon, but I didn't see it. I love looking at the skies and the photo you took is beautiful.

We've had calm, lovely weather here too. We occasionally get those windy days and I've had to topple patio furniture to keep them from blowing away.

I love a good laugh too. Recently, I saw a video on social media of my niece's youngest baby laughing. She is 5 months old and adorable. I think that a baby's laugh is infectious! Have a blessed weekend.

nikkipolani said...

Calm and warmth are blessings indeed. And you caught a beautiful photo of that moon. It was certainly bright!

Here's to continued recovery and healing for your knee from whatever irritated it and caused you pain.

The years fly by, don't they? Glad you have such beautiful and rich memories from that Costa Rica trip.