Friday, April 05, 2024

Friday's Fave Five #780





I was so torn which button to put up.  I wanted to pick this one:



but in reality this one reflects the scene around here more:



So I picked the birds on the wire as a happy medium.  We are in the midst of another spring snow.  It's wet and it's heavy and hopefully this will see the end of snow around here now.  So welcome to a wet and slushy Friday's Fave Five!  Time to reflect on the blessings God gives in our everyday lives.  Please join in as we share five of them from the last week.

~ Easter Sunday service ~ Resurrection Sunday is a pivotal date as we celebrate Jesus rising from the dead.  It is when we give glory and thanks to God for Jesus' victory over sin and death and gives us the hope of an eternal life with Him.  Sunday service was so good and it was a real blessing to gather with other believers to celebrate.  We can never take for granted that we have the freedom to do that.  So grateful.

~ Easter dinner ~ my son made it down for Easter Sunday dinner and my sis' family were to join us for turkey dinner but they ended up being sick so we invited a friend who was by herself that day.  It was nice to have her over helping us eat all that food and visiting with her for the afternoon. Monday we took dinner over Mom's supportive living home where we had booked the family dining room and my youngest daughter made it down for that lunch.  Though we missed my older daughter it was nice that my little family could have that meal with Mom.

~ good transitions ~ I had a new little fella start in dayhome today.  I was a bit worried, as always, when a new little starts.  You just never know how it will go.  He's almost 3 and the cutest little guy.  For the most part he eased in pretty well.  There were a few tears here and there but he was willing to take comfort from me for which I am thankful.  Very thankful the week went well for him.

~ hot tea on snowy nights ~ I'm a gal who loves her coffee but in order to sleep well I have to stop drinking it by mid afternoon.  Enter a nice hot, relaxing cup of herbal tea in the evenings.  My latest favorite is one my friend gave me for my birthday.  A blend of oat flower, limeflower and lavender. Very relaxing and soothing.

~ safe travels ~ with the back and forth weather, I am very thankful that both of my kids that came for Easter had safe journeys here and back again.  And I love that they txt when they arrive back home, even though they are adults, just because they know I would want to hear that they made it home safe and sound.  

What have been your blessings you are thankful for this week?














12 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm glad you had a good Easter celebration and that your Mum is out of hospital. That must be a relief for you. Sorry you have snow again. It's been a mixture of sunshine and rain here - definitely April showers time. Glad your new little one settled in ok. Hope you can have a relaxing weekend.

Gattina said...

Travel becomes a problem ! Or the weather is so bad that it is dangerous to drive, or there are strikes everywhere ! I did nothing special on Easter, my son and grandson are coming this weekend. Now that he is nearly 14 and starts to have a deep voice (strange for me) egg hunting is for kids ! I bought a chocolate bunny but it in a basket and added a little gift in form of 50€ in it ! Childhood is over, it went so quick !

Faith said...

This is a great list of blessings!
We had a dusting on snow on top of icky freezing rain ice. But this morning it's mild, sunny and all traces of winter are gone!! enter: MUD SEASON!! (and hiking season begins for me next week!)

I love that you all were able to join your mom for a special lunch. I'm glad she's doing better.

isn't it wonderful when the preschoolers do well in daycare situations and don't cry all day? my youngest took to daycare in my friend Angie's home very well...she was there from 8 months old until she was 3.

I hope you enjoy some spring weather soon! have a restful weekend

Barbara H. said...

So glad you had a great Easter and some of your kids could be there for different parts of it. Glad they had safe travels, too. It's good the new little guy is adjusting so well.

Monica said...

Yes, Resurrection Sunday was a WONDERFUL day! I am so glad that (I HOPE) we are done with snow in Missouri. I hope yours doesn't stick around long.

Melanie said...

Indeed, I deliberated a bit about which graphic to use. It's chilly here but I decided on the cheery one. Here in Tennessee, we are in "Dogwood" winter - one of the cold snaps we get named by what is blooming at the time.

I am so thankful for the blessing to be able to gather together in one accord at church. My Easter was spent with family as well.

I can imagine that things can be a bit scary for little ones in new places. I'm glad this little guy settled in.

Have a blessed weekend.

ellen b. said...

The Easter service was so so good this year. So good to be with others celebrating our Lord. Glad the little guy is finding his place in your dayhome. I am always thankful when our kids get here and home again safely. I understand the thankfulness in that. Happy first weekend in April!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. We have been out of town, so I won't be joining in the FFFs again until next Friday. Sounds like you had a lovely Easter, and were able to share some time with those you love most. Amen to the importance of Easter - the wonderful day that Jesus won victory over sin and death! So glad you had a good week. I will join in for sure next Friday! See you then!

Susan said...

I am glad your Easter week was nice. Good that your new little guy adjusted well. I am sure you make it fun for them. I remember when my sister did daycare. She put a fan on at naptime and my son got used to it and then we got a fan and now the whole family uses it to sleep. Have a great weekend!

Willow said...

Easter is my favorite season for the obvious reason. We had sick ones, too, on Easter, so we didn't do anything.
Since moving to Ohio, I have discovered the truth of 'If you don't like the weather, wait five minutes. I agree that having the adult children tell you they are home safe is a huge blessing.
Your new little one sounds like he is going to be a great fit.
Having that dinner on Monday night at your mom's place must mean she is home from the hospital. Good news!

nikkipolani said...

Was just telling someone about your wild spring weather swings. Hope you are coming to the end of all that snow!

Something special about gathering to celebrate Jesus' rising, isn't it? Truly a great gift God has given.

Your Easter family gatherings sound lovely despite not having your sister's family. Glad you could visit with your Mom. And all who traveled got to their destination safely.

Congrats on your new little one getting adjusted to being in your care.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog