Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #765



Wow, here we are, the last couple of days before Christmas.  For most this is a busy, busy week.  Join us as we pause in the busy of life and the season to be grateful for the good gifts we have daily in our lives.  

~ treat from hubby ~ We like to support local business when we can and there is a lovely little French bakery in town.  Hubby went to get a gift card there and picked himself up a Italian bread for lunch.  It's bread covered in cheese, olives and tomatoes with italian spice.  He thought it was so good he bought one home for me too.  Oh my.  It was so delicious.  The bread was that wonderful soft, chewy texture that I love with lots of topping.  What a nice treat!  I didn't think to take a picture until 2/3 was gone.  It was that good.  LOL.



~ busy work month done ~  December is always a busy month in my dayhome.  There is always extra crafts and creations that the kids do during this Christmas season and there is also the Christmas party.  It's a lot of work but also lots of fun.  I always do my Christmas party the second last day before my Christmas holiday starts.  That way all the gifts can be sure to make it home with the kids and they all enjoy the party.  I've learned over the years that there is always families that at the last minute get that last day off or have company or whatever and they don't show up so the child misses out.  Well yesterday was our party so today is a chill day for both me and the kids.  We'll play outside, it's still unseasonable really nice here, pop some popcorn, watch a Christmas cartoon and just relax.  Then when the last child goes home today a weeks vacation starts!  I can't wait.


~ hubby helping out ~ so thankful this week that hubby has offered to do some running of errands for me.  He's run out to get some gift cards, picked up some photos, ran to get some stuff I had hemmed at the tailor for my Mom.  His job is more flexible where mine is not at all so it is a real blessing when he is able and willing to do these kinds of errands for me.  

  
~ fun evening out ~ last week I mentioned I had won tickets to Stars on Ice.  I invited my good friend to come with me and we had a lovely time.  The show was good, such talent these young people have, and Elvis Stojko was amazing as always.  Hard to believe the man is 51 and can still skate & perform as he does.  My friend was the perfect person to take, she'd always wanted to go to one of the shows but had never been and her enthusiasm and reactions made the night extra fun.  Then we went for a nice tea and dessert and topped the night off with great conversation.  


~ garden center finds ~ on a whim after lunch on Sunday, Hubby and I made a little trip to a local garden center just to look and see what they had for Christmas.  I was trying to find one more little thing for a friend.  Well I didn't find anything for that search, but I did find a few things I was wanting and it was 30% off.  So I would say the jaunt was a success.

What were your blessings this past week?



I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.  May your home & holiday be filled with love and  laughter and may the peace of Christ  surround you with hope as we celebrate.


 




13 comments:

Faith said...

This is a great list of faves Susanne!

I'm cracking up that hubby was able to buy an Italian bread/sandwich in a FRENCH bakery. MUST be a Canadian thing. I do love Italian bread but I actually love the crusty French bread better. I WISH we had a french bakery here in the cap region of NY but everything is Italian or Middle Eastern here. sigh. We do have a great French restaurant though. :)

YAY for doing the daycare xmas party a day early. I used to do the same thing for the same reasons when I taught my special students. Good for you for closing down next week, too!!

How fun to treat your friend. I love to watch figure skating and only went to one ice show my entire life (Disney on Ice when the girls were very little).

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and birthday!! Please do be watching your snail mail for a package to arrive along with a separate card. And thank you for hosting this wonderful blessings post each week. God bless you and the family as you celebrate Christmas.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Merry Christmas, Susanne! Enjoy your much deserved and earned vacation.

Barbara H. said...

That Italian brad looks yummy. The dayhome activities sound fun but also busy. I'm glad most of it is done and you'll have a vacation next week. I'm grateful when my husband does errands like that, too--such a big help. Especially this month. I've never seen Stars on Ice either, and it sounds so gun. Glad you got to go with a friend who enjoyed it so much. I'm glad, too, you found some good things at the garden center, and 30% off.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Melanie said...

That bread looks amazing! I can almost taste it. It sounds like a lot of fun at your place with all the kids. They must all be wound up for Christmas! I've never seen a Stars on Ice but I'm sure it was amazing. I love to watch ice skating anyway and seeing it in person must have been wonderful. A great outing for you and your friend!
Wishing you and yours a lovely Christmas and enjoy your vacation!

Willow said...

First of all, Merry Christmas to you and your family!
And yay for the week's holiday! Enjoy it to the fullest. Reading, eating, singing, opening presents, and more!
Your Stars on Ice evening sounds like so much fun!

Linda Hoye said...

That bread looks delicious!

Merry Christmas, Suzanne!

Schotzy said...

It really looks as if you are having a wonderful Christmas season! As we move into Christmas weekend I wish you and your’s a wonderful, peaceful, contemplative Christmastime and are blessings to many others, as well! God bless!

Wendy said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Susanne. December is such a busy time for anyone working with children so I'm glad you have a week off. Here in the UK most schools get 2 weeks but private establishments like yours probably only get a week. I'm sure that going to Stars on Ice with someone who appreciated it was much more fun than taking just anyone to fill the seat. Sounds like you had a good week even though it was busy and great that you had hubby helping out too. I hope you have a restful but joyful week's break.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I am very late in joining in, but I am glad that you had a good week, including a fun evening at Stars on Ice. I wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Karen said...

I just learned that we have a new French bakery in town. I can't wait to check it out!

Happy holiday break! That's such a smart idea to celebrate the day before the last day. Your plans for today sound so relaxing.

I would love to see an ice show. It sounds like such a nice outing for you and your friend.

Merry Christmas to you, Susanne! <3

Susan said...

Enjoy your week off! Merry Christmas!

ellen b. said...

Ahh...by now you are enjoying your time off! Hooray. Smart plan to make those gifts to send home the day before the last day. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas!

nikkipolani said...

What a lovely lovely set of faves, Susanne. That Italian bread needs to be copied here pronto!

You are wise to plan your dayhome party so as many as possible can attend and enjoy. And a smart for a relaxing day after. Now you've got me wanting to pop some popcorn and find a Christmas movie.

Ah, I wondered when you'd go to see your ice show. How amazing to get to go with a friend -- sounds a perfect evening indeed.

Garden center finds are a great way to finish out the season's shopping! Congrats. Hope you'll share what you got. Merry Christmas, friend.