Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday's Fave Five #720





Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  Did you know being grateful is an expression of love?  When our family or friends give us gifts we realize they love us and in turn we are grateful and express it in thankfulness in turn showing the we love them.  It is the same with God.  He gives us expressions of His love for us in blessings through out our days.  The trick is to recognize the gifts and in turn be thankful to the Giver of those good things in our lives.  Please join us as we cultivate a heart of gratitude and thankfulness by sharing five of the blessings from our last week.

~ steal of a deal ~ as my plant that I bought in December continues to thrive and grow, it has made me want to get a few more plants.  When I was at the grocery store they had a deal on these cute little containers of various indoor plants.  Lo and behold they had a plant I've always wanted, a Chinese Money Plant.  This cute little thing was all of $2.94.  I couldn't pass that up now, could I?  Hopefully it also thrives.



~ movie night with a friend ~ my friend and I went to see the season 3 finale (episode 7 & 8) of The Chosen in the theatre.  It was nice to spend time together.  And was it ever a great, and intense, ending to this season of the show.  

~ car washes ~ winter around these parts involves a lot of snow and melt, muck and slush.  It doesn't take long when a round of chinook winds starts things melting and the roads turns into a bunch of mucky gravel and cars get filthy.  I'm thankful for car washes to get the car clean.  Just feels good to get in a clean car and not have to worry about my clothes wiping off the dust and dirt.  Silly first world thing but one that does bring joy.

~ new music ~ Hubby enjoys searching for new songs we like and making CD's of our favorites for the car.  These always end up being the best road trip music when we go somewhere.  Thankful he enjoys doing this kind of thing.

~ fresh haircut ~ and boy did I need it. It was a couple of weeks past the point I usually let it get to but my stylist was taking some time off.  Now I feel back to normal. 

What have been your favorite blessings this week?





10 comments:

Faith said...

great list of things to be thankful for this week: cheerful little plants, movie date with a friend, new playlists and new cut! Love it. I was all set to go through a quicky car wash the other day after work when lo and behold it started to rain. so i said Nope. I'll wait and see if it's mild during winter break and wash it myself. hahah

have a wonderful weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

What a nice sale on a plant you've wanted. I love your little sign in the background, too.

I know what you mean about how nice it is to get into a clean car. A fresh haircut is really uplifting. How fun to have specially assembled music for the car.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I know what you mean about getting the car washed and getting the winter snowy/salty muck off. I decided to sign up for the "monthly car wash plan" at a washing near by and I have been washing the car several times a week. I like your new plants and how it flourishes! Glad you could go see the end of The Chosen Season 3 with your friend. We are hoping that the season 3 DVDs come out soon so we can watch it at home. We do love that series, as well as the person it's about! I am growing my hair out a bit so I haven't had a trim for quite a few months. It feels like I need one, but I don't want any of the length off for a while longer. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Melanie said...

I would have loved to watch The Chosen finale in a theater. I caught it at home. Episode 8 had me in tears! Fantastic acting and story writing!

I've never heard of a Chinese money plant. I'm on the look out for a small plant to put on a table in front of my bedroom window. I'm lethal with plants so I need one I can't kill. lol

I'll be off to get a haircut in a couple weeks probably. I have such a love/hate relationship with my hair!

Have a lovely weekend.

Wendy said...

Always good to find a bargain. Hope the plant likes its new home. I'm glad of car washes too. Thankfully my hairstyle (or lack of it) means I can go a long time between visits to the hairdresser but I do know what you mean when it's a style that needs regular trimming. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Gattina said...

Yes it's nice to go to the hairdresser and being pampered. I go all 6 weeks to have a cut, otherwise I look like a scarecrow. I discovered the pleasure of fake flowers. They are done so well nowadays and I never have to water them. I have some outside on my terrace in pots and inside little cactus, orchids, and tulips. Everybody asks me what I do with my plants (three are real) they all look so nice.

nikkipolani said...

You have my respect for that pilea (money plant). I'm a sucker for round leaves and your little guy is super cute.

Probably not the last car wash during your crazy late winter/early spring weather, but nice you got a clean car for a little while!

I like the idea of road trip music - how fun!

Karen said...

Last month the local car wash had a deal for a booklet of 5 coupons for washes, for a really good price. We've had so much snow, that I decided to go for it. It feels positively frivolous to wash my car every other week, but it does bring me joy! And with all the de-icer on the roads, it's really good for the car.

The plant is really cute. I hope it thrives for you.

I'm desperate for a haircut!

Willow said...

We keep telling ourselves that we are going to watch The Chosen, but we haven't yet. We really will!
Yes, a car wash also helps preserve the car's exterior, so you can even say that you are extending its life.
I hope that sweet little plant flourishes at your home.
Have a good weekend!

ellen b. said...

Oh boy, snow and sand from the snowplows make for the ugliest dirt on cars during this season. We have a brushless car wash in town but it doesn't do well on the winter dirt. Hope your little plant thrives and hooray for a haircut!