Thursday, February 02, 2023

February 2023 Reading Possibilities

I'm pleased that I finished 3 books in January.  I'm not pleased that my audiobook returned and when I went to renew it found out that the licensing with my library ran out.  I should have renewed before it actually returned.  That was a couple hours of wasted time as I have no desire to take out a physical copy of that particular book right now.  Lesson learned:  renew before it returns.  

So onto February.  I chose the color Pink or Red on the cover for February for obvious reasons (Valentine's Day).  Little did I know I'd have a ton of books that could qualify.  Lots of choices to pick from as my mood dictates!









Read What I Own: Color of the Month:  Pink or Red

          ~ The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry
          ~ Bachelor Girl by Kim Van Alkemade
          ~ The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
          ~ The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
          ~ The Librarian of Boone's Hollow by Kim Vogel Sawyer  (finished)
          ~ No Place for a Lady by Gil Paul
          ~ A Silken Thread by Kim Vogel Sawyer
          ~ The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett
          ~ Universe of Two by Stephen P. Kiernan
          ~ Down a Dark Road by Linda Castillo
          ~ The Magic Strings of Frankie Presto by Mitch Albom
          ~ Before and Again by Barbara Delinsky
          ~ The Whistler by John Grisham




Oldest/Newest of Purchased Books

          ~The Edge of Belonging by Amanda Cox  (Newest)
          ~ The Chili Queen by Sandra Dallas (Oldest)



Library Read

          ~ The Extraordinary Deaths of Mrs. Kip by Sara Brunsvold (finished)


Read My Own Shelf Non-Fiction


          ~ It's Not Supposed to Be This Way by Lysa Terkeurst (finished)
          ~ Facing Fear by Nik Wallenda


Audiobook

          ~ Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci    (DNF'd halfway through so counting as read)







How was your reading in January and what are you reading now?




4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

What a clever idea! I love your monthly theme for books! I am reading The Villa by Rachel Hawkins. I am still deciding if I love it, but it is good. I see some of my reads in your pile. Enjoy!

Barbara Harper said...

I went to put the Mrs. Kip book on my Amazon wish list but then saw I already had the Kindle version! I've enjoyed most of Kim Vogel Sawyer's books that I've read. Haven't come across that one, though.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I haven't read anything on your list for February. I will be interested to find out what you decide to read. Have a good week.

Faith said...

i read 4 novels in January, I read about half the Psalms and i'm a quarter of the way through my Isaiah study and half way through our small group study (non fiction spiritual book).

I read The Husband's Secret....it was the first Lianne book i read and i LOVED it. It continues to be my fave of hers....well....actually there are a few of hers I have loved. one was just eh.

I read a few barbara delinsky books but not that one.

I've read a few Castillo books but they all are the same to me so I stopped after like 4.

I've been wondering about the Fear one...that seems to be popular at our town library.

HAPPY READING!!