Friday, December 16, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #712



Well we are halfway through the month of December.  The busyness of the Christmas season is upon us.  With all the activities going on and all the to-do lists to accomplish  it is easy to forget to take note of the blessings in our lives.  We hit the floor running when we get out of bed and we don't stop until our heads hit the pillow at night.  And this season is just plain hard for various reasons for a lot of people.  It's so easy for the daily blessings in our lives to get buried in the rush, rush, rush or in disappointments or over the top expectations.  Let's take this moment to pause and reflect on the goodness of God in our everyday.  

~ lunch with our pastors ~ Sunday after church we joined our Pastors who are also our friends out for lunch.  We had a lovely lunch and a great time of sharing each other's lives.  Both our families have been through a lot this past year and our shared encouragement was really good for all of us.  

~ some library down time ~ Saturday when I went to return some books to the library I took some "me" time and browed around a little bit.  I always find time spent just browsing the shelves relaxing and de-stressing.  I came home with a hopefully fun Christmas read.


~thoughtful hubby~ the other day I had to close early for a dental appointment and I also had a bunch of errands to do right after.  Being the thoughtful guy he is, hubby called to say he was bringing lunch home so that I wouldn't have to worry about making anything for supper.  That was a huge relief taking a huge time crunch off of me.

~ Christmas tree ~ Finally got the tree decorated.  Was it this week or part of last.  Regardless of when, I've been so enjoying it in the evenings and the mornings all lit up.  Sitting in glow from the lights is so peaceful for me.  Worth the effort it takes.  Even though I wasn't really in the mood when I was actually doing it now I am so glad I did.



~ new socks ~ don't know why but I love a brand new pair of socks.  They just feel nice.  And with the colder weather here a nice toasty thick winter pair are definitely a blessing.

What have your favorite blessings been this week?




 










11 comments:

Faith said...

This year I've taken a much slower approach to December/Christmas. We started shopping last July. yes you read that correctly. I would buy a little something for someone each month from July until this past week. Now I am done and everything except 2 things are delivered and/or wrapped. I have cut WAY down on baking sugary things so that takes off a ton of pressure. and we learned the power of the word NO. No to several invites, no to serving other than choir, No to many things. and like you said it used to be all rush rush rush. NO MORE!! glory to God.

LOVE your tree! it's so cheerful and pretty.

I'm with ya on new socks. I just received three new pairs from friend and 2 work colleagues. love new socks. enjoy yours!!

how awesome that you got to share a bit about what's going on in your lives with your pastor. That's truly a blessing.

I hope you have a great weekend. So far today I have a 2 hour delay due to a huge storm...currently icy rain...coming. we are secretly hoping we just close!! but looks like not. HAPPY WEEKEND

Barbara Harper said...

You're right, Susanne--this season can get so busy and pressured, it's easy to overlook the smaller blessings of the week. But it's so helpful to pause and reflect on them. Thank you for hosting FFF all these years!

Your Christmas tree is beautiful! It is a lot of work to set them up, but I love them--especially the lights but also the meaningful ornaments.

It's been a long while since I just browsed at the library, but it is so fun. Yay for thoughtful hubbies and dinner taken care of, especially on super busy days. Glad you had a good time of encouragement with your pastors.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Your tree is simply beautiful! So glad you had lunch with your encouraging pastors. That sounds very nice. Your husband sounds like mine - kind, helpful and supportive. What a blessing! There's something about browsing at the library and being among all those books, that speaks to my soul as well. It is a nice way to destress. I like new socks too - and in the winter, I like think, soft warm socks! I hope you have a great weekend. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

So much to be thankful for and it's good to speak or write those things out. Your tree looks festive and bright. Hope your weekend and week leading up to Christmas day is filled with wonder and light and joy!

Gattina said...

Your tree looks beautiful ! Now wonder that you like to see the lights on it ! I don't have a tree, but I decorated the whole living room and put garlands and balls at my huge plants !

nikkipolani said...

I agree with you on the decoration front. I'm always so glad to enjoy the lights and color in quiet moments, no matter how brief they may be.

Love that your husband pitched in and lightened the load. And that lunch that encouraged everyone. Lovely gifts of the season.

Melanie said...

I love your tree, and the lights twinkling in the windows! I can understand how you feel peace with it. It looks like you put in so much work!

I love to go to the library too. Mine has a small coffee shop and that's always fun to sit with a book and sip on coffee or tea. Christmas reads are so much fun. I'm way behind on my Christmas reading this year.

Christian fellowship is so important to me. I can understand how you appreciate and enjoy lunch with your pastors and their families. Sharing one another's burdens and answers to prayer is what it's all about.

I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Willow said...

Maybe we are all tired out because I am finding that many people are slowing down Christmas plans including decorating. I think you are wise to not overdo and to just love what you have done. Your tree is lovely.
Yay for an encouraging lunch with your pastors.
Your hubby has certainly been a thoughtful man through the years.
I hope you can enjoy a quiet and peaceful weekend ahead.

Wendy said...

Your tree looks lovely and your hubby is definitely thoughtful. Hope you're able to relax at the weekend - this time of year is so busy when you're working as well.

Karen said...

Your tree always looks so pretty. I love the way the lights reflect in the windows on each side. I can just imagine how peaceful it would be to sit there at night and take it all in.

The library is such a de-stressor for me, too! I've been making a point of stopping in to check out the little used bookstore that ours has. It's so peaceful to just browse.

I finished knitting a pair of socks for Joe, and now I'm knitting a pair for me! Socks are fun!

Jennifer said...

Love your tree - and such a perfect spot for it. Right in front of all those windows! And hooray for thoughtful hubbies!!:) Have a wonderful week!