Friday, August 05, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #693




It's Friday again.  That time of the week to look back over the past week and take notice of the blessings that have come into your life day to day.  That time to pause and give thanks and be grateful for those things that have made a difference, made you smile, lifted you in some way or let you know God cared for you this week.  Please join in with us.  If you are new, guidelines are linked in the sidebar.


~  weekend visit in the big city ~ we took a little road trip on the weekend to visit my son and daughter.  It was just the getaway we needed.  It was so nice getting to stay in the home he purchased last fall and explore his neighborhood.  We went to another favorite old but trendy neighborhood downtown to buy my spices from my favorite spice store and came upon a summer outdoor market/festival that was going on.  We also explored another neighborhood we'd never been to downtown and found a cute little shop that runs out of an old house squished between two bigger commercial buildings.  Called The Beehive, yes, the house is painted yellow and black outside, they make all natural homemade soaps, creams, candles, bath and body stuff for humans and pets.  All their products are organic.  It was a cute little shop that kept the integrity of the architecture of the house and it was fun to wander from room to room looking at all their products they make right in the basement of the house.   We also ate at a favorite restaurant and then just hung around visiting and relaxing together.  


~ Spearmint Refresh Foot Cream ~ Hubby gifted me with a purchase from the above mentioned little local shop and I came away with this awesome foot cream.  It smells wonderful and works really well too!  


~ one picture, three blessings ~  

          The first is a new planter for the top step.  I've had my eye out for just the kind and shape I wanted to quite a few years.  While I liked my other planter, it was top heavy and I've had it knocked down a couple of times by dayhome kids and the crazy wind we sometimes get if it catches it just right.  I found this clay one on clearance at Marshalls.  I didn't get it right away but every time I went in there it was surprisingly still there,   So I finally got it and am so glad I did.  It was exactly what I wanted and is good and heavy.  That thing ain't going nowhere.

          

 
            The second is the smile I get when I come home to this guy waiting for me when I come home from somewhere.  Technically it's my daughter's cat, but we've grown to love the big lug.

           The third is my rosebud geraniums (sometimes called apple blossom geraniums) and how wonderful they are doing yet again this year.  I just love them.  They make me smile every time I come in the front door.  


What were your favorite blessings from the week that made you grateful and thankful?








7 comments:

Gattina said...

That's nice to go to another place and change the routine ! I like your new planter, but honestly I was more interested in your cat ! She or he looks so cute. From all the cats wh shared my life I have never had a ginger cat ! I had the same with my son's two cats, he asked me to keep them for 3 months and 15 years later they were still with us until they fell asleep forever !

Faith said...

I love everything about this post. First of all, you seem way less stressed (prayer is powerful isn't it?!). LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of that store...we have one similar in our area and I don't go often enough (too pricey but sooooo worth it) and i LOVE a good foot creme with all natural ingredients.

Your planter is gorgeous and reminds me that I really need to do some sprucing up of mine come vacation. Those geraniums are just so pretty! I'm definitely not a cat person but my oldest girl is hoping to own one some day (her apt place lets them have one) and she'd love this big lug of yours!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!

Melanie said...

I love finding those cute, out of the way shops. They always have such unique things. It is great to get away for a weekend. I plan to do that at the end of this month. Spearmint food cream! How unique. Have a good weekend.

nikkipolani said...

Oooh, I looked up the Beehive shop and it's adorable. Sounds like a refreshing, feast for the senses visit to the city.

Why why why can I not get rosebud geraniums in the part of the country where geraniums are practically a weed?? Guess will have to just keep enjoying yours. Beautiful.

Willow said...

That photo is certainly worth all three faves. Love that sweet kitty.
It is fun to find those little shops.
I'm glad you had that wonderful visit with your son and daughter and got to see their new house.

ellen b. said...

Woohoo for a trip to the big city and all the fun things you enjoyed along with visits with your kids. Lovely planter and the flowers are sweet! That cat looks to be quite content. Happy weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment when I linked up on Friday. I was attending an online writer's conference that was jam-packed. But so good.

Sounds like a great outing! I love finding unique shops. And how fun to see your son's house.

What a great find with the planter! I love those geraniums. I'll have to see if I can order some next year. I don't remember ever seeing them in any plant places around here.