Sunday, July 31, 2022

August 2022 Reading Possibilities

Well, I guess I could call July a semi-success in that I did get a couple of goals accomplished.  I finally got the Jodi Picoult books piling up out of my system.  I've never read her as I found her books intimidating for whatever reason.  I read 1 of the 3 I had in the pile and though I haven't done the review yet I will say I will be unhauling all the books by this author that I have.  Not interested in continuing with her.  It was not for me.  But I did get finally giving her a try off my goals so that is a relief.  I finished an audiobook and I DNF'd (did not finish) one of my library books.  I stopped at 65 pages.  Just wasn't interested in continuing.  But in all it was a bit of a disappointing reading month for me.  Was too busy with a family emergency to get much reading done.  I did start a library book last week of July that is actually on this month's list to get a head start because it has a wait list at the library so it will have to be returned within 3 weeks. 

So this month's Read Your Shelf Challenge prompt is  "A Book That Has a Body Part in the Title".   Well I went through every single book I own that I haven't read yet and not a one fits the prompt.  So instead I will do my own prompt and that is "Read a book that has a summer vibe to it...either something summery in the title or on the cover photo."  

Here's the possibilities I've come up with in my TBR pile that also fit my other goals for the year:





BOOKS PURCHASED IN 2020 - 2022

          ~ The Record Keeper by Charles Martin
          ~ An Appalachian Summer by Ann H. Gabhart (finished)


ON MY SHELF

          ~ The Rose Garden  by Susanna Kearsley
          ~ Monsoon Summer by Julia Gregson (finished)
          ~ Summerland by Elin Hilderbrand
          ~ Flight Patterns by Karen White
          ~ The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren (DNF'd at pg 198)
          ~ The Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke


AUDIOBOOKS

          ~Gentle and Lowly by Dane C. Ortlund (finished)
          ~Count the Nights by Stars by Michelle Shocklee


LIBRARY BOOKS

          ~ When the Day Comes by Gabrielle Meyer  (finished)
          ~ Gone But Still Here by Jennifer Dance


NON-FICTION 

          ~ High on a Windy Hill by Ray Djuff     


What are you reading for August?  Do you have any summery books in your piles?   


          






3 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I just returned a book that I was 107 pages into, to the library. Too violent and troubling. No shame at all in not finishing a book you don't like. I also have a couple of Jodi Piccoult books that I haven't read yet. I know other people really like her. I have yet to have a desire to tackle one of her books. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

Faith said...

I need to return a book to the library and am finishing up a very good mystery book called The Overnight Guest. It's set in the dead of winter though!! hahahah......in IOWA of all places......

I really need to browse the library this week for more books as soon i will be on my 3.5 weeks of vacation!!

( think i read Summerland...will have to check my blog reviews....i like her books as they're so quick and easy...perfect for the beach!)

nikkipolani said...

Not sure which Picoult you read, but I had a similar experience some years ago. Read one and thought that was enough.

Yes, you had your hands full with family needs. Books tend to go by the wayside! My aunt was an avid reader -- never visited without a box of books to share. Then she had grandkids and that was that!