Friday, June 17, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #686



Welcome to Friday and Friday's Fave Five.  Are you ready to take a pause from the busy and think of what has been a blessing in your days this week?  I sure am.  I need to take this pause.  So much going on it's easy to just take things for granted and never take the time to realize the blessings of my everyday life.  Please join us in being intentional in being thankful and grateful.

~ peony bed started ~ finally on Sunday I was able to start digging out the grass and building what will be a peony bed out front.  So happy to finally get this project going.  

~ helping hand ~ even though it's my project and Hubby has a ton of his own "around the house" work such as painting he is in the middle of, he still helped me to dig out the grass so that we can lay some good soil for the flower bed.  We finished in good time and I'm so grateful because if I had to do it myself it would have taken me a whole lot longer probably extending over a couple of days.  So thankful he gave me a hand.  And then he helped with putting that sod into a sunken part of our back yard which was another big job leveling all that out.  So grateful for all the work he does.

~ physio help ~ after 3 years of left arm and shoulder issues I finally went to the doctor about it and she ordered and ultra sound and some physio.  The first "assessment" session went well and I got some exercises to do to strengthen the weakness in the shoulder.  My second session actually was the one where the therapist was able to determine that the shoulder weakness was secondary to what he thinks might be real injury: damage or a tear to my tricep.    I'm thankful I ended up with a physio therapist who listens well and really observes as I go through motions so that he can get to the bottom of what really needs the work and strengthening.  

~ encouraging, uplifting words ~ my friend whom I've started to meet with every other week for bible study had some great encouraging words for some situations I am facing right at the moment.  I am thankful God has brought her back into my life.  And then on Sunday another lady I've known for many, many years spoke just the right words to give hope and direction.  There is nothing like a word in season from people who can speak into your life and speak truth with grace and encouragement.   

 ~ much needed rain ~ it has been so dry here in Southern Alberta.  We didn't get as much snow this past winter as we usually do so the two day rain we had here was very much needed.  We got a good drenching and hopefully now things will really take off growing with some good sunshine and heat.

What blessings has God brought into your life this last week that you are grateful for?









12 comments:

Gattina said...

I am really grateful not to have a garden anymore ! I never had a green thumb and Rick neither. But sitting in a nice garden, that I like. It's nice to meet new friends, I made an experience those who I thought were my best friends let me down and others I hadn't seen for a long time showed up and helped me and comforted me. Now I feel empty and as social as I was, I prefer to stay alone I learned a lot in this difficult times. When you are always in a good mood, having lots of ideas, then you have a lot of friends, but as soon as you sit in a deep black hole, they just disappear ! One good thing however, my son now sends me little messages every day what he had never done before.

Melanie said...

Hi, Susanne! It's just like God to have someone come into our path with just the right words at just the right moment! My garden consists of my potted geranium and that's about all I can keep alive at the moment! We're having hot weather here in TN, with only spotty rain. I hope you get some rain relief soon.

Barbara Harper said...

How nice to have help with the peony bed and to get it ready in good time. I'm so glad you got in to see a physio who listens and observes well. Yay for much-needed rain. It's such a deep-seated feeling of being loved and known by the Lord when He sends someone with just the right things to say.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. Our internet went out just as I was finishing my comment and I have no idea if it was saved. I will repeat my comment just in case. I would love to see a picture of your peony bed when the project is complete. I do love peonies. So glad you husband helped you with the project. I am glad that you have good friends around to encourage you in difficult times. I am having some shoulder and neck issues too, and need to see a physical therapist this summer. Should issues are very common for women of a "certain age." I hope your physio helps your shoulder discomfort. So glad you got some rain. We got some at the beginning of the week. We are always grateful for rain when it is needed. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Wendy said...

Always good to have help Susanne - in the practical ways of your husband and also in the emotional side from your friends. Look forward to seeing pics of your peonies. Glad you got some much needed rain. Have a good weekend.

nikkipolani said...

Apples of gold in settings of silver. So glad you had some timely words to encourage you.

Hoping your PT person can strengthen that shoulder/arm! Roomie and another good friend have shoulder injuries they're working through too-- man those take a long time.

Hurray for rain and your hubby's helpful hand.

ellen b. said...

Such a blessing to have a good helpmate! Encouraging words are always welcome. Glad you were encouraged from the Word and words from others.

Willow said...

I like that quote! Take nothing for granted. Yes!
Oh, the peony bed. My eyes lit up when I read that and I can't wait to see it!
A word fitly and rightly spoken is a great encouragement. I'm glad you had two people speak truth to you this week.
Enjoy a wonderful and maybe rain filled weekend.

Jerralea said...

Sounds like an uplifiting week! I'm slightly jealous you are getting a peony bed. How I love the smell and look of peonies! But our soil is just not right to grow them.

Also love the message on your graphic!

netablogs said...

Love your gratitude list. There is always something to be grateful for. I'm thankful for the rain we are getting here in south central BC. Better than the threat of wildfires! Although, it would be nice to have a little more sun for the vegetable garden. My arugula and swiss chard are growing very well, but everything else seems slower... Love your graphic, too!

Faith said...

Yay for husband's help and getting your flower bed prepped.
There's nothing like finding a good PT or chiropractor (in my case). And i know all about those encouraging friends. I am thankful for YOU and your continued prayers as I deal with these months long headaches. It sure is a mystery that so far no one has been able to clearly pinpoint and treat. Super frustrated yet trying to lean on God and be grateful for the little things.

Karen said...

I'm excited to see your peony bed in bloom next year! This year, we had a really late snow, so I only had about three blossoms. I do love them, but rarely see anything other than the pale pink here. Good friends are for sure heaven sent. I'm glad yours have been there for you. xo