Friday, June 10, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #685



Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.  We're sharing our five favorite blessings from the last week.  Those places in our life that God has touched and built us up in some way, brought joy or hope, or provided a need or something special.  Then we take the time to be thankful and grateful.  Please join us.

~ nice smelling skin cream ~  I love a nice face cream in the evenings.  I finally found one I really like.  I'm quite particular.  Don't like a heavy greasy feeling, hate a strong or flowery smell.  Can't be too rich.  This one smells so good.  It's light and feels really good.  It's become a part of my evening routine that helps me relax which is huge right now with the stress that's been going on in my life.  And bonus:  I get it a drug store where they have a point system so I usually end up paying for it with points.  




~ petunias ~  I love this little popular annual flower.  And the colors that are coming out are stunning.  I tried a new one in my pot this year called "Cinnamon" and it's gorgeous.  The back of the flower color looks like cinnamon but the front is a gorgeous combo of pinky, reddish orange.  Can't wait till it grows.



~ new computer ~ after my trusty computer got the blue screen of death a couple of weeks ago I purchased a new one.  But I hated it.  The display screen was so dull and unclear and the colors were wrong.  I tend to go for screens that are glossy and crisp and a bit more saturation of color.  After an afternoon of googling how to bump contrast and calibrate color with no luck, hubby called tech support but they didn't tell him to do anything different than what I had already found researching and tried.  So I took it back.  Thank God for 30 day no questions asked return policies.  I had to pay more but I got something I really like now.  


~ fundraiser walk ~ On Sunday I participated in a walk around a local lake for a just starting out local charity started by one of my former dayhome parents.  It was a lovely day, I ran into people I haven't seen in years, and my little former dayhome kidlet whom I love and miss so much chose to walk around the lake with me.  We had so much fun.


~ root beer ice cream ~ this month's special flavor at our local small batch handmade ice cream shop is root beer and it's very enjoyable.  I couldn't pass up buying a pint.

What were your favorite blessings this week?









8 comments:

Faith said...

first of all, GREAT quote at the end.

LOVE stuff from the Pur line. Haven't seen that face cream though. Looks wonderful!

YAY for fresh spring flowers and walks around a lake with a precious little one. And for a great cause!

LOVE anything root beer....never had root beer ice cream though!

ENJOY the weekend and I'm still praying about your situation. Thanks for all the prayers regarding this sinus pain. Still have it but at times it's lessening up. Sinus scan was quick but no results yet.

Melanie said...

I'm enchanted with the idea of root beer ice cream! What's not to love about that? I use an Arbonne face cream at night which I love but when it's gone, I'll go to something else that isn't as pricey. The cinnamon petunias sound lovely. My geranium is still holding on! Have a lovely weekend.

Barbara Harper said...

I love petunias, too. What interesting new colors. I'm glad you were able to exchange your computer and find one that met your needs better. We use them so much these days, it pays to have one that is not irritating to use. The fundraiser walk sounds like a lot of fun--how neat that your former dayhome child wanted to walk with you. I love root beer--a root beer float is my favorite treat when I have gotten really hot. How fun to have it as an ice cream flavor. Your quote is the graphic is so apt.

Wendy said...

That's a good list Susanne and I love your quote at the end. Sometimes we take the basics for granted and forget how fortunate we really are. Have a good weekend.

Jerralea said...

I do love me some petunias! My favorite are the velvety deep purple ones.

Root beer ice cream! My hubby would adore some.

Have an awesome week, Susanne.

ellen b. said...

Glad you were able to return the computer for one you like! Happy weekend to you!

Willow said...

Your last quote is so true! The basics of life wecoten take for granted.
I love that your former little day care kid walked with you during the fund raiser.
Love those petunias too!
Have a good weekend!

nikkipolani said...

It's so true that we are blessed with the basics of life. Conveniences and finding things we like are bonuses that we don't take for granted either! I'm extra glad you have a computer you love.