Friday, June 03, 2022

Friday's Fave #684



Hi everyone!  It's Friday so that means looking back over the week and taking note of the blessings God has brought your way.  It's been a week of computer issues for me, long and complicated and involving lots of time on the phone with techs.  And I get to do it all again this Saturday.  (So if I'm not around to read your posts it's because I'm dealing with that.)  But I am reminded that this is all First World problems. And there is so much more that has been wonderful and uplifting this week.  So onto the blessings.

~ the very fact that I can walk into a store at basically any given time and purchase what I need to purchase, including electronics, is a blessing that I should never take for granted.  Everything is so simple in this country and not everyone has that privilege.

~ sunshine ~ this week has been glorious with sunshine and warm weather.  Last week was windy and cloudy and this week has been the opposite.  The sun and heat have really cause the flowers to start taking off and the dayhome kids and I have been enjoying every minute we can of it.

~ "I love you, Susanne-y"  Spoken out of the mouth of a precious 3 year old.  He always adds the sound of a "ey" or long e on the end of my name and it's so darn cute. Melts my heart and makes my job really worth the hard stuff.

~ comforting tea ~ I ran out of coffee in the pot before my lunch break and decided instead to make a cup of Sweet & Spicy Tea.  Love this tea.  So tasty and yet comforting and it does contain black tea so I still got a touch of pick me up for the afternoon.


~ peony buds ~ The bush I transplanted from my childhood home when we sold it for Mom last year not only started to grow but there is quite a few buds already on the fledgling plant.  I'm so excited as I didn't do anything other than dig a hole and plonk the roots in and said a prayer that they would survive. Praise God they did!!  I'm so excited.   I loved that bush and they make me think of my mom and my home growing up.  But by the time we sold the house I was an exhausted mess and not up for any special prepping/planting.  But here they are thriving.  Now I just have to build a little flower bed around them.  

What have been your favorite blessings this week?






11 comments:

Wendy said...

Comments like that from little ones are just so precious! sorry you're still having a difficult time with your electronics. Hope you can get it resolved soon. Yay for the peony. I'm sure seeing it thrive must give you comfort. Have a good weekend Susanne.

Faith said...

Yay for your Peony bush thriving. Mine just bloomed overmight it seems like! I have three large bushes of them and LOVE them (2 white and 1 pink). So glad yours are going to do well.

That little boy! SO precious.

Yes I never want to take our ease of shopping for granted. It's a true blessing compared to some underdeveloped countries in the world. sometimes though i think we have TOO many choices!!

I've never heard of that tea but yay for finding a pick me up!

Praying for you this weekend!!

Melanie said...

Computer issues drive me to distraction! I hope you can get yours straightened out easily. I usually have coffee first thing in the morning but sometimes its hot tea and I love the varieties that are spiced like Twinings Spiced Chai. Have a lovely weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. I always love reading your Friday Favorites. You have such a wonderful ability to see the blessings in the small and simple things of life! What an example you are to me. Thanks for hosting this space to be thankful every week. Have a good weekend.

ellen b. said...

I love it when God keeps a plant alive and lets it thrive! Oh how sweet is that 'I love you Susanne-y' Precious! Hope the computer issues get settled this weekend. So frustrating!

Willow said...

Ah yes. Computer issues. Not fun. I hope they get resolved soon.
I am so glad with you that the peony is blooming! I planted one last fall and thought it was dead. BUT! It is growing. Not blowing yet. But not dead yet.
You ran out of coffee?? At least you had a back up option.
Don't you just love those sweet statements from the little ones?
Have a happy and sunny weekend.

Anonymous said...

The words of a child are such a blessing!! Peonies are beautiful. --Ann

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you that for some reason my Google will not allow me to comment on most of the participants' FFF posts. It has to do with a glitch between my school Google account and my home one. Most people's blogs won't accept anonymous comments, which is the only way I can comment. Anyway - I've tried. :-) --Ann

nikkipolani said...

Such a sweet blessing for that peony to survive its move to your garden. And many more this week, despite your computer woes.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Susanne,
Just found your blog and it seems we have lots of things in common - followers of Jesus, gardening, books, both Canadians, and the same name-Susanne ! Looking forward to checking in, Susanne

Karen said...

It's so good to catch up with how you're doing. I'm glad the dishwasher got fixed, the computer is on its way to good health. I read through your last few posts, and it sounds like life is calmer. How nice that your mom's peony bush is happy in its new home! My brother gave me some plants from his yard (which was my parent's yard at one time), and I'm just praying over those dang things, hoping something takes root. I think my mom would laugh to see how passionate I am about gardening now. I never had a green thumb, mostly because I'd forget to water. :/