Thursday, March 31, 2022

Friday's Fave Five #676







"Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want.  It is the belief that God will do what is right"
Max Lucado   

 



My precious Dad went to be home with the Lord last week,on March 24, 2022 .  He was a couple of months shy of his 91st birthday.  He will be greatly missed by his family.

I am not doing a FFF this week simply because of time constraints and because I don't have the mental energy to do a post even though there were many blessings through this hard couple of weeks.  How is  it the North American death, funerals and everything one must do right after do not give one time to even grieve and process? But that is a whole other post.  I will say my biggest blessing God gave me last week was the gift of being able to spend 9 - 10 hours a day with my Dad and have the honor of serving him in the hospital for his last 5 days.  I am so so grateful for that.  

Please go ahead and link your FFF!  I am looking forward to reading about God's goodness in your lives this week!












7 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Oh my dear Susanne. I'm so sad for this loss in your life. We rejoice with you that you could spend days with your dad. May God continue to uphold you and your family in this valley.

Barbara Harper said...

I am so sorry, Susanne. Losing a loved one is hard--even when we know we'll see them again in heaven, we still miss them so much until then. I'm so glad you had that special time with him. I hope you can take some extra time off.

ellen b. said...

Oh Susanne, how wonderful that you could spend those precious hours with your day in his last days on this earth. Prayers for peace and comfort...

Faith said...

Susanne, when you first shared your news about your precious dad with me, I had such a lump in my throat and immediately began to pray because I've been there done that. April 1st 2017 is when I said See you with Jesus Daddy and tomorrow (Friday) marks the 5th year of his passing on into the arms of Jesus and with my mom waiting for him. It's difficult. But your quote from Max is SPOT ON and you know to cling to JEsus. Good job. I'm still praying for your family. (and boy do I agree with the whole let's get the funeral going...in dad's case we called it a Celebration of LIfe as me and my sisters just could NOT stand the "funeral language"> Someday I'm going to post on my blog the speech I wrote as the oldest daughter and shared with the people who came to the service. It was very cathartic for me. I'm praying all goes well for you as you lay your precious dad to rest.

Gattina said...

I am so sorry for you, you had certainly a hard time ! But you were not alone you still have family. He was a handsome man and becoming 91 is also wonderful ! Yes for those who have to take care of the administration etc it is a very hard time because besides your sorrow there is all this paperwork. For me it is a nightmare because besides my son I have no family anymore and he is not aware of the laws in Belgium.

Willow said...

Oh Susanne, I am so sorry for your sadness. Happy for him, sad for you.
Just rest this week and soak in the memories of your dad.
Love and prayers for you.

Wendy said...

I'm glad you got to spend time with your Dad during his final days. I hope you can find some comfort in that. Yes funerals can be challenging but hopefully it will be an opportunity for you and the family to celebrate his long life. I hope you don't have to rush back to work to soon either. Take care Susanne.