Friday, November 26, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #660



Well that happened.  It is after 2 o'clock here and it just now dawned on me that it is Friday.  How did that get by me?  Whew, what a week. It has been hard and exhausting and one day has melted into the next with me on survival mode.   But it's never to late to take note of the blessings from the week and to be grateful, right?  

~ Birthday celebrations ~ Sunday was Hubby's birthday so our son came down from the big city (about a 2 hour drive) on Friday afternoon just to take his Dad and me for a birthday dinner.  What a blessing that was, that he would take his time off and come see us just for that.  His sister was unable to come with him but she sent a lovely card and itunes gift card and phoned him on Sunday.  Our oldest daughter also phoned and chatted with him for quite a long time which I know he loved.  Then for lunch on Sunday, Hubby had asked if we could go to a fave brunch with our good friends, so that is what we did.  It was great fun!  The chef blessed Hubby by giving him his lunch on the house (he is a client of Hubby's) and our friends sneakily paid the rest of the bill.  

~ beautiful days ~ it has been a super stressful week in the dayhome this week.  But we're being blessed with incredibly nice weather for this time of year so I have been able to get the kids outside everyday!  Even though on the day we had to wear snowsuits to stay warm and it took me half an hour to get them all out the door, being outside was a life saver each and every single day.  So thankful for the weather we've been having though I hope we don't pay for it in February!

~ helpful spouse ~ I know I've said it before but I'm so thankful for the helpfulness of my hubby.  He noticed I was having a rough week and he goes out of his way to give a hand when he sees something he can do.  He knows one of my prominent love languages is acts of service and I'm so grateful for it.

~ at home movie date ~ We haven't done one in a while but on the weekend we had an at home movie date.  We watched Red Notice on Netflix, an action comedy that we found amusing though we did wish Ryan Reynold's character didn't rely on swearing so much to be funny.

~ moments of quiet and peace ~ grabbing these whenever I can where ever I can and am so thankful for them right now.  

What are your favorite blessings from this last week?







8 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

I wondered! :-) I'm glad the delayed FFF was just due to forgetting and now a more serious problem.

I'm so sorry for the rough week. I'm glad you were able to take the kids outside and for your helpful husband. Belated happy birthday to him! We've had some movie dates, too, but unfortunately it seems like many of them suffer from bad language.

Amen for moments of quiet and peace.

Wendy said...

Belated birthday wishes to your hubby - sounds like he had a great birthday weekend. Sorry to hear things have been tough this week with your daycare and yes getting the kids outside must help the day go by. Have a good weekend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. So glad you remembered that it is Friday. :-) Sounds like a very busy week. I am glad you experienced love and kindness that made some bright spots in the week. Have a great weekend. See you again soon!

Faith said...

I'm so glad you were able to have some peace and quiet moments in your stressful week...a true blessing indeed!

How wonderful that your son could come visit for your husband's birthday and that your friends treated you to brunch.

I love being outdoors with my students and we too have been blessed with a wonderfully warm autumnn. Tonight we are still in MA of course and it started with a rainy day that turned into snow showers tonight! thankfully it isn't sticking and hopefully when all 4 of us drive back to NY tomorrow the weather will be dry.

My husband watched Red Notice. It didn't appeal to me AT ALL!! I've been watching the Heartland Series since early summer and am finally on Season 12. It makes me want to go out to your area every single time I see those beautiful horses running.

Happy weekend!!

Willow said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! It sounds like he had a great birthday celebration.
We'll take any and every relief from stress--sunny weather, helpful spouses and friends, kind acts, quiet evenings.
Rest this weekend, my friend!

a spirit of simplicity said...

I had a stressful week with my little kiddo's at work last week as well. Maybe something to do with the moon?

nikkipolani said...

I love sneaky friends and, even better, I love being that sneaky friends. Glad you celebrated with them.

SO sorry about all the stress. You've been blessed with someone looking for ways to help and not merely waiting to be given a list.

ellen b. said...

Isn't it wonderful when our adult children take the initiative to celebrate with us!? Glad you have the weekends to recover. I hope this weekend is going smoother for you.