Friday, September 17, 2021

Friday's Fave Five #650



Welcome everyone!  I don't know about you but the days just seem to be flying by lately and here we are at Friday once again.  Join me in taking a much needed pause to think back over the week and find those things that were a blessing in my everyday, normal life.  Looking for blessings and taking the time to whisper a prayer of thankfulness to God makes the days lighter and brighter and helps when the harder times come because you've already developed a habit of searching for the good.  

~ good real property report ~ We were a bit worried to receive this mandatory report prior to finalizing sale on Mom's house.  We were a bit uneasy that the garage eavestrough might be encroaching too close to the property line but the report came back good.  Only the shed was an issue and that will be a fairly easy (we think) fix. 

~ rain ~ a bit of rainfall touched our parched area the last week.  Not enough to really do anything of significance but it stilled smelled nice.

~ comfy throws ~ with the evenings cooling off it's so nice to cozy up with some comfy throws while reading or watching tv.  I love how they make a room look too thrown over the backs of chairs and couches.

~ fall smelling candles ~ these are always my favorites with names like Apples and Oats, Autumn, Autumn Harvest, Leaves.  You get the idea.  

~ grocery shopping done ~ and not by me!  I looked up at my fridge yesterday morning and noticed my costco list was missing.  Turns out my sweet husband wanted to surprise me and went and did all the grocery shopping and then came home and put it all away too!  What a generous, loving thing he did for me saving me all that time and effort!  Acts of service is definitely one of love languages and I sure appreciated his very kind and thoughtful service to me this week!

What were your favorite moments or happening or things of the past week that you are thankful for?











9 comments:

Gattina said...

I too think days are flying by, when it is Monday it's already Friday ! I don't like autumn at all, the trees are stripteasing and then naked. I prefer by far spring. Nothing special is going on and when there is the Covid shadow present ! Some people are really hysterical. We now have a vaccin certificate and have to show it in Brussels when you go into a restaurant or theatre or cinema.Probably they will do it for whole Belgium. Hopefully it helps, but lots of people just refuse the vaccin !

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love the Autumn with comfy throws and fall scented candles as well. I even love when it gets dark earlier.

Faith said...

Oh you ARE blessed with a husband who does the grocery shopping!! MY dave will go pick certain things up if needed but not the whole week worth of food. I do it after working all day. Plus mine would end up with all the junk food he wants hahahaha.

Love that you had a good reportmon your mom's house and that you had some rain.

Yay for autumn scents although i haven't had mine lit yet as too hot in the evenings. I did buy a new apple one though and can't wait to try it.

Love fleece blankets in the colder months. So cozy!!

Happy weekend!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne. That was a great service by your husband. My husband does the grocery shopping now that he is retired. It helps soooo much! So glad you got a good property report on your mom's home and can proceed with the sale. I love throws and candles too - especially as fall comes on. Glad you got at least a little rain. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Barbara Harper said...

It does seem like the days go faster and faster. That's so good about the property report. We had a snag with our current home with a shed too close to the property line. I wondered why in the world that wasn't caught before. But thankfully it was still approved. Maybe it was approved in previous sales but has to be done each time.

Glad you got some rain! I love throw blankets, too.

That is a huge blessing for your husband to do the grocery shopping.

nikkipolani said...

I love that serendipitous gift from your husband. Fall sound so cozy in your neck o' the woods -- cozy throws and books to snuggle into, fall scents flickering nearby.

Whew on that property report. Roomie had a similar scare when the new owners reported some mold when they removed wallpaper. Turns out it was very isolated and easy to fix.

Willow said...

Good quote at the end!
My hubby usually does the grocery shopping because he knows I really don't enjoy it and he doesn't mind. It is truly a blessing for me. I know you must appreciate it when yours does it.
Good news on your mom's house sale! It's always so stressful.
Hurray for a bit of rain--that fresh rain smell is wonderful.
Enjoy those cuddly blankets this weekend!

ellen b. said...

You've got a keeper of a husband there! Glad you could enjoy those fallish touches. I'm a fan of fall and all the things about fall. Have a wonderful weekend.

Jerralea said...

Kudos to your husband for surprising you with a grocery run! I would love a surprise like that, LOL.

I bought a new fall candle a couple weeks ago. I hope to get it out soon.

Happy fall!