Sunday, July 18, 2021

Reading Possiblities for July 2021

Oh my, but I am behind in this post.  With everything going on in my life in the last month, computer time has been on the bottom of the list.  And reading time has pretty much been toast too.  I'm still trying to finish one of my choices from last month!  It's good but I'm just so tired at the end of the day that reading has been hard to focus on.  At any rate, I did get a pile of possibilities together for July.  I'll probably only get to one now, and that will one to fulfill the Read Your Shelf Challenge I'm doing this year.  But you never know.  I have a week off at the end of the month so I might be able to squeeze in some extra reading time in my day.





The Read Your Shelf Challenge Prompt for the month of July is to read a book that starts with the first letter of your first name.  I looked through all the books I own and came up with these.  Though a couple of them start with "the" or "a" I usually ignore those when it comes to titles.  I threw in the Charles Martin book as I really, really want to get to that before I forget what happened in the first book.  

READ YOUR BOOKSHELF CHALLENGE (July Prompt:  A Title that starts with the first letter of your first name)

          ~ Shiloh Autumn by Brodie & Brock Thoene
          ~ She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
          ~The Secret Between Us by Barbara Delinsky
          ~ The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
          ~ Sea Change by Karen White
          ~ Sweet Salt Air by Barbara Delinsky
         ~A Stranger in the House by Shari Lapena

ON HOLD AT THE LIBRARY:
          nothing

A BOOK PURCHASED SPECIFICALLY IN 2019-2021

          ~ The Letter Keeper by Charles Martin
          ~The Scent Keeper by Erica Bauermeister  (finished)
          ~ A Silken Thread by Kim Vogel Sawyer




What are you reading this month?  I hope the reading is going better for you!



4 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those books all look interesting. I just finished The Secrets We Keep and it was pretty good. Now I am finishing up a really dry nonfiction. Audiobooks are helping me keep up with my reading goals. Not sure if that is cheating. ;-) Not sure what I will read next month. Have a good Sunday. See you again soon.

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

I love to read, but summer is such a busy time for us here, I too have trouble making time to read. Winter is more of a season of reading for me. I enjoyed seeing the books you came up with that started with the first letter of your name. That's a fun way to choose a new book to read! Have a great week :)

Faith said...

I finished The Scent Keeper a couple weeks ago and LOVED LOVED LOVED it. The Storyteller on the other hand was my LEAST fave of Jodi's novels.

I like Karen WHite books although I don't think I've read that.

Karen said...

I recently read The Sound of Glass by Karen White. I've liked several of her books, will have to look for the one you listed. I also just finished The Brilliant Life of Eudora Honeysett (good, light read). I'm currently reading Dear Mrs. Bird, a light, entertaining read about a young woman in London during WWII.

I like the ideas you've come up with for planning your reading. Fun!