Friday, November 06, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #609


Thank you everyone, for understanding my lack of a post and visiting yours last week.  It's been stressful and emotional this week but I think things have found their way into a doable rhythm once more.  I really missed doing up a post and going around to visit all yours but I tried to stay mindful of the blessings in my life in spite of not getting to recording them here.  But this is a new week so on we go to this last week's blessings from God.

~blessed rest ~ I'm very thankful for a hubby who encourages me to rest when he sees I've had a rough, exhausting week.  He sees the value of slowing down and in doing something enjoyable , even if it's just sitting in jammies and havMing a extra coffee or two.  I'm very grateful for that because I tend to be a go, go, go person and don't tend to notice that I've reached a not good place because of it.  I'm grateful for his balancing me.

~ good news ~  my child care family who had an exposure to COVID came through their isolation healthy and negative.  I was so thankful for that, both for them and for me. 

~ the crunch and smell of leaves ~  we've had lots of time this week to play in the fall leaves with the dayhome kids.  It's always something we all look forward to, thi kids love it and so do I.  As I raked them up yesterday in preparation for the predicted snow today, I let myself take a moment to enjoy the wonderful smell and crunch of them as I raked and bagged.  To me is so relaxing and pleasurable.  

~ flower beds all prepped for their winter sleep ~  this made the favorites list because it's a chore I don't enjoy doing.  And sometimes I've procrastinated with for way too long and then I have the cleanup job in the spring.  But this year it is all done.  And that makes me happy.

~ little local bakeries ~  for many years it seemed in my city the fate of the little neighborhood bakery was grim as the big grocery stores got bakeries of their own and offered baked goods at better deals causing so many local ones to shut their doors.  But they seem to now be making a comeback and I really do enjoy buying from them so much better.  Hubby blessed me with one of favorite desserts, a vanilla slice, from our neighborhood bakery when he picked up some delicious bread this morning.  

What have been your favorite blessings from the last week?







9 comments:

Gattina said...

It looks like you had almost the same week as me at least concerning leaves ! The grass under our balcony is full ! They have to hire a man with a special machine. I am so happy that I sit on the 3rd floor and watch people working (I am bad) It's good that your husband helps to slow you down, for the moment I am always in slowdown, a terrible lack of energy !! Fortunately we are both retired so it doesn't matter !

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I think it’s important now more than ever to make sure we get the rest that we need. We have w small but delicious bakeries in the next town over. One of them has handmade donuts and polish pastries and the other has absolutely fantastic bread and more fancy pastries.

Barbara Harper said...

What a relief for all concerned that the one family did not get COVID! Sometimes it seems counterintuitive to rest, when there's so much to be done. But it's so needed and helps everything else go better. I love the crunch of fallen leaves, too. How fun to let the little ones play in them. That's great to have some local bakeries in the area. My son and d-i-l have found a couple of gluten-free ones, which they love, as good GF baked goods are hard to find.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like to rake and sweep and crunch leaves too - and boy we have lots of leaves around here right now - many big trees that will be losing even more leaves in today's wind and tomorrow's snow. Mom and pop bakeries are fun and delicious. We don't have a lot close around here, but there are still a couple. So glad your day home family was Covid negative. Finding out you have been exposed can be very worrisome. Glad you are slowing down and relaxing after a stressful week. See you again soon!

Karen said...

I'm so glad this week is calmer for you. Spending time outdoors in the fall is life giving. I'll bet your day home kids love being at your house, it sounds like a nice, warm place for them to be with all the usual home activities you involve them in. I was so happy to get my gardens cleaned up a bit this past week. I still have two more to go, but if I don't get to them at least the major ones are done. I wish we had a nice bakery in our town!

ellen b. said...

Glad to hear you are recovering from a hard week. Also PTL that your little home group and you are free of COVID. Good news. Hope you have a peaceful weekend.

Faith said...

i really love going to our little bakeries over the one in the grocery store although I rarely buy baked goods...i tend to bake my own.

PRAISE THE LORD the family exposed to Covid19 are all ok! HUGE relief for you and your hubby I'm sure.

YAY for crunching in the leaves.....our two maples haven't shed all of their golden leaves yet although our cherry trees are just about bare. We are having temps in the low 70s and high 60s!! (F) so all of our windows are open and I went for a nice long walk after work today. I ate lunch outside and am VERY THANKFUL we don't have snow here in eastern NY (the summits of our highest mountains in the adirondacks do though...but they're over 5000 feet high so.....another world up there!).

HAPPY WEEKEND and get some more rest!

Wendy said...

I'm glad you have a hubby who takes good care of you. Busy women can often be very bad at taking care of themselves. Nothing wrong in spending time in PJs and in my case a good book. It must also have been such a relief that your day care family didn't have Covid. We're now in a total lockdown again but hopefully that will mean things will have eased a bit by Christmas. Enjoy your weekend.

Willow said...

I'm sure it was a relief that your day care wasn't exposed to Covid! Even so, at the same time, it was good to have the rest and relaxation. It truly is important to get the rest you need.
Autumn and crunchy leaves. The two just have to go together.
We've found a gluten free local bakery shop--that's great because my daughter needs that. And isn't it better to support the local places?