Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July - September 2020 Reading List

So for my July - September Reading List things have changed a bit as review books are no longer available to me. A fact that breaks my heart! But it's not like I don't have other choices!

I have chosen the following for my summer reading keeping in mind my goals I set at the beginning of the year:

 GOAL: 1 book a month from my box of longest owned and unread books :

           -Never Change by Elizabeth Berg (carried over)
           -The Scroll by Grant R Jeffrey, Alton L. Gansky
           -Outside the Lines by Amy Hatvany  DNF'D
          -The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd

 GOAL: 2 books per month from my own more recent piles:

           -The Secret Wife by Gil Paul (carried over)
          -The Shape of Family by Shilpi Somaya Gowda (carried over)
          -Distant Echoes (Aloha Reef Series) by Colleen Coble
           -Black Sands (Aloha Reef Series) by Colleen Coble
           -Dangerous Depths (Aloha Reef Series) by Colleen Coble
           -Midnight Sea (Aloha Reef Series) by Colleen Coble

 GOAL: 1 book per month from library TBR:

           -A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
           -Day After Night by Anita Diamant
           -The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware DNF'd

 GOAL: 1 novella each month from Lineage of Grace series for personal devotion:

           -Unspoken (Bathsheba) by Francine Rivers (carried over)
           -Unafraid (Mary) by Francine Rivers (carried over)


GOAL:  finish 1 Audiobook
          -Liturgy of the Ordinary:  Sacred Practices in Everday Life by Trish Harrison Warren


Looks like it might be lots of mysteries this summer, but that's ok.  Gotta get all these books out of my closet!  What are you reading this summer.  If you want to do a post and link on feel free!  I love to look at what everyone else is reading!






2 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

How come review books aren't available to you any more? I might try to whip up a post in a few days--I already have several book reviews to do this week. I mention the books I've read each month in my end-of-month reflections. But I don't usually list what I am reading next, so I could do that for this post. Every time I look at my stacks of books, I wish I could take a week and mainly just read. :-)

I have several Colleen Coble books in my Kindle app. I read a lot of her earliest books but would like to check out her newer ones.

I have A Gentleman in Moscow in my audiobook library. I might get into that one when I have finished my classics challenge.

Wendy said...

That's an ambitious list. Yes with libraries still closed I've worked my way through quite a few books on my TBR list. Good luck!